1. Heaven-scent! Purchase any Gucci fragrances for women or men, and Gucci will donate to the Chime for Change cause of your choice. The project has funded more than 280 projects to improve the lives of girls in 81 countries. Gucci Guilty ($77) at saksfifthavenue.com
2. Don’t miss exquisitely crafted jewelry by artist Delores Barrett with glass pendant necklaces (from $175) and precious beads ($465, shown) with 24K gold embedded between layers of glass. Museum Store, The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, 5401 Bay Shore Road, (941) 359-5700.
3. Hand-crafted women’s and girls’ clothing and jewelry (and home goods) from the fair trade chain are made by the indigenous people of developing nations. The dress shown is signed by Loisa in Indonesia ($39). Go Fish, 1463 Main St., (941) 953-5730.
4. Cocoa farmers in Ghana share ownership in Divine, the first ever fair trade chocolate company to go mass market with its products. Milk chocolate bars (3.5 oz. bar, $3.99) at Artisans’ World Marketplace, 128 S. Pineapple Ave., (941) 365-5994.
5. Think pink with the Andee stainless steel bracelet watch ($258). In October, 20 percent of sales will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Coach, Southgate Mall space 1068, 3501 S. Tamiami Trail, (941) 953-2553.
This article appears in the September 2014 issue of Sarasota Magazine. Like what you read? Click here to subscribe. >>