Design experience? In 1996, we sold our fashion and home furnishings business; now I design homes here and in Europe. Why Sarasota? My father was a doctor and bought a place on Siesta Key after he came here for a medical convention. Eventually my husband, Gigi, and I bought a place, too. We love the beach, symphony and European films at Burns Court. Style defined? Restrained elegance. A home should stand the test of time, should be the nest where your children and grandchildren want to live. In your home? I avoid anything trendy. I'm about to redecorate our apartment in Manhattan and I've chosen a soft ivory palette. Possessions I couldn't be without: My books, a few paintings from my husband's family, my collection of tea caddies, and objects such as Chinese ancestor sculptures from trips I've loved. Favorite places to shop: Budapest's fabulous flea market in November and the Parma spring show in Italy. In the U.S., the Hamptons and Sarasota. Favorite way to entertain at home: In a bathing suit at the pool patio serving light Italian food.
- For Sale: Bobby Vinton's Former Home (Including Blue Velvet Drapes) This week, Bob Plunket takes us inside a Sarasota School of Architecture Home on New...
- Brown Bag Provisions Opens at Artisan Cheese Company Kelly Drost reopens her popular sandwich biz.
- Social on First Introduces New Saturday Brunch Downtown Sarasota's popular Social on First now offers Saturday brunch; Chef Judi Gallagher tastes and...
- Is Harbor Acres Sarasota's Best Neighborhood? This enclave of quiet wealth may be the best neighborhood in town.
- Six Questions with Vaughn Dorrian of Hummingbird Fine Foods Dorrian will be at Morton's Market today for a live demonstration and tasting.
- Sarasota’s New Medical Residency Program Sarasota Memorial Health Care System and Florida State University announced the creation of a...
- Sarasota Film Festival: Cartel Land A documentary follows vigilante groups fighting drug cartels on both sides of the border.
- Sarasota Chamber Prime Time
- Companies Tee Off and Women’s Executive Tee
- EDC Sarasota County Economic Outlook 2015