Design experience? In 1996, we sold our fashion and home furnishings business; now I design homes here and in Europe. Why Sarasota? My father was a doctor and bought a place on Siesta Key after he came here for a medical convention. Eventually my husband, Gigi, and I bought a place, too. We love the beach, symphony and European films at Burns Court. Style defined? Restrained elegance. A home should stand the test of time, should be the nest where your children and grandchildren want to live. In your home? I avoid anything trendy. I'm about to redecorate our apartment in Manhattan and I've chosen a soft ivory palette. Possessions I couldn't be without: My books, a few paintings from my husband's family, my collection of tea caddies, and objects such as Chinese ancestor sculptures from trips I've loved. Favorite places to shop: Budapest's fabulous flea market in November and the Parma spring show in Italy. In the U.S., the Hamptons and Sarasota. Favorite way to entertain at home: In a bathing suit at the pool patio serving light Italian food.
- The New Age of St. Pete Our neighbor to the north is poised to become the vintage capital of the world.
- For Sale: Baseball Star Nick Markakis's Home As baseball star Nick Markakis plans to move from the Baltimore Orioles to the Atlanta...
- Best of Sarasota 2015: Dining
- The Best of Sarasota 2015 Our editors' and readers' picks for the Best of Sarasota 2015.
- A Look at Sarasota's Growing Traffic Problem Brookings Institution fellow and Sarasota native Adie Tomer on what's driving our current traffic crisis.
- Photo of the Week: A View of the Bay from Selby Gardens The view of the bay from Selby Gardens is consistently stunning at any time of...
- Luxury Home - June 2, 2015
- Blush Bridal Opens in Downtown Sarasota Blush Bridal, a couture bridal boutique, has opened its doors on First Street in downtown...
- Sarasota Music Festival
- FST Presents the Premiere of the Apprentice Lab Project