Design experience? In 1996, we sold our fashion and home furnishings business; now I design homes here and in Europe. Why Sarasota? My father was a doctor and bought a place on Siesta Key after he came here for a medical convention. Eventually my husband, Gigi, and I bought a place, too. We love the beach, symphony and European films at Burns Court. Style defined? Restrained elegance. A home should stand the test of time, should be the nest where your children and grandchildren want to live. In your home? I avoid anything trendy. I'm about to redecorate our apartment in Manhattan and I've chosen a soft ivory palette. Possessions I couldn't be without: My books, a few paintings from my husband's family, my collection of tea caddies, and objects such as Chinese ancestor sculptures from trips I've loved. Favorite places to shop: Budapest's fabulous flea market in November and the Parma spring show in Italy. In the U.S., the Hamptons and Sarasota. Favorite way to entertain at home: In a bathing suit at the pool patio serving light Italian food.
- For Sale: Ground-Floor Bayfront Apartment on Golden Gate Point Bob Plunket takes us inside a ground-floor apartment with beautiful bay views on downtown Sarasota's...
- PAINT Nail Bar Opens in Downtown Sarasota The salon--the brainchild of Michele Schlossberg--will offer lux-yet-affordable nail services in downtown Sarasota.
- Six Questions with Vaughn Dorrian of Hummingbird Fine Foods Dorrian will be at Morton's Market today for a live demonstration and tasting.
- March 2015: The Wealth Issue
- Brown Bag Provisions Opens at Artisan Cheese Company Kelly Drost reopens her popular sandwich biz.
- Sarasota Magazine April 2015
- F.I.S.H.BoatWorks Aims to Save Wooden Boats A Cortez group of wooden boat restorers takes on its biggest project yet.
- How to Live the Sarasota Boating Life We live in a boater's paradise. Let's chart your course.
- Sponsored Blog: What’s Up with Wallpaper: Why and How You Should Use It Sarasota interior design firm Chic on the Cheap shows us how to pick the perfect...
- Sarasota Film Festival