Why Sarasota? I came here as a Ringling School of Art and Design student 43 years ago and founded Pedlar's Village Interiors in 1972. Style defined? I don't have a style. I like to do all different types of design, from classic modern to period design. Who inspires you? Mother Nature. You can't fight her. From light to physical impairments, if something is already there, rather than trying to remove it, make the project work with it. My home is: Contemporary with a touch of Danish modern, French Renaissance in the dining room. The living room is Queen Anne and Georgian. If I weren't an interior designer: I'd be an automobile designer. What excites you about Sarasota design right now? That it isn't a redo of the Addison Mizner look-the big, dark pieces of furniture. I call it "human scale." When you sit down on a sofa, you don't need 20 pillows to keep you from falling back. Luxury needs to be designed for the person who's going to be sitting there.-Hannah Wallace
- For Sale: Bobby Vinton's Former Home (Including Blue Velvet Drapes) This week, Bob Plunket takes us inside a Sarasota School of Architecture Home on New...
- Brown Bag Provisions Opens at Artisan Cheese Company Kelly Drost reopens her popular sandwich biz.
- Social on First Introduces New Saturday Brunch Downtown Sarasota's popular Social on First now offers Saturday brunch; Chef Judi Gallagher tastes and...
- Is Harbor Acres Sarasota's Best Neighborhood? This enclave of quiet wealth may be the best neighborhood in town.
- Six Questions with Vaughn Dorrian of Hummingbird Fine Foods Dorrian will be at Morton's Market today for a live demonstration and tasting.
- Sarasota’s New Medical Residency Program Sarasota Memorial Health Care System and Florida State University announced the creation of a...
- Sarasota Film Festival: Cartel Land A documentary follows vigilante groups fighting drug cartels on both sides of the border.
- Sarasota Chamber Prime Time
- Companies Tee Off and Women’s Executive Tee
- EDC Sarasota County Economic Outlook 2015