Why Sarasota? I came here as a Ringling School of Art and Design student 43 years ago and founded Pedlar's Village Interiors in 1972. Style defined? I don't have a style. I like to do all different types of design, from classic modern to period design. Who inspires you? Mother Nature. You can't fight her. From light to physical impairments, if something is already there, rather than trying to remove it, make the project work with it. My home is: Contemporary with a touch of Danish modern, French Renaissance in the dining room. The living room is Queen Anne and Georgian. If I weren't an interior designer: I'd be an automobile designer. What excites you about Sarasota design right now? That it isn't a redo of the Addison Mizner look-the big, dark pieces of furniture. I call it "human scale." When you sit down on a sofa, you don't need 20 pillows to keep you from falling back. Luxury needs to be designed for the person who's going to be sitting there.-Hannah Wallace
- The New Age of St. Pete Our neighbor to the north is poised to become the vintage capital of the world.
- Greek Restaurant Blu Kouzina Opens on St. Armands Circle Chef Judi gets the dish on this new St. Armands hotspot.
- For Sale: Baseball Star Nick Markakis's Home As baseball star Nick Markakis plans to move from the Baltimore Orioles to the Atlanta...
- Best of Sarasota 2015: Dining
- The Best of Sarasota 2015 Our editors' and readers' picks for the Best of Sarasota 2015.
- Photo of the Week: A View of the Bay from Selby Gardens The view of the bay from Selby Gardens is consistently stunning at any time of...
- Luxury Home - June 2, 2015
- Blush Bridal Opens in Downtown Sarasota Blush Bridal, a couture bridal boutique, has opened its doors on First Street in downtown...
- Sarasota Music Festival
- FST Presents the Premiere of the Apprentice Lab Project