Why Sarasota? I came here as a Ringling School of Art and Design student 43 years ago and founded Pedlar's Village Interiors in 1972. Style defined? I don't have a style. I like to do all different types of design, from classic modern to period design. Who inspires you? Mother Nature. You can't fight her. From light to physical impairments, if something is already there, rather than trying to remove it, make the project work with it. My home is: Contemporary with a touch of Danish modern, French Renaissance in the dining room. The living room is Queen Anne and Georgian. If I weren't an interior designer: I'd be an automobile designer. What excites you about Sarasota design right now? That it isn't a redo of the Addison Mizner look-the big, dark pieces of furniture. I call it "human scale." When you sit down on a sofa, you don't need 20 pillows to keep you from falling back. Luxury needs to be designed for the person who's going to be sitting there.-Hannah Wallace
- For Sale: Ground-Floor Bayfront Apartment on Golden Gate Point Bob Plunket takes us inside a ground-floor apartment with beautiful bay views on downtown Sarasota's...
- PAINT Nail Bar Opens in Downtown Sarasota The salon--the brainchild of Michele Schlossberg--will offer lux-yet-affordable nail services in downtown Sarasota.
- Six Questions with Vaughn Dorrian of Hummingbird Fine Foods Dorrian will be at Morton's Market today for a live demonstration and tasting.
- March 2015: The Wealth Issue
- Sneak Peek: Our 2015 Best Of Sarasota Party With just over a month left to get your tickets, we're sharing a few sizzling...
- Sarasota Magazine April 2015
- F.I.S.H.BoatWorks Aims to Save Wooden Boats A Cortez group of wooden boat restorers takes on its biggest project yet.
- How to Live the Sarasota Boating Life We live in a boater's paradise. Let's chart your course.
- Sponsored Blog: What’s Up with Wallpaper: Why and How You Should Use It Sarasota interior design firm Chic on the Cheap shows us how to pick the perfect...
- Sarasota Film Festival