What are you wearing? A black and white Jessica McClintock gown and Chinese Laundry black sandals with rhinestone buckle. How would you describe your style? Classic, but I definitely pay attention to the trends and mix in some vintage pieces. Where do you go to school? I'm a junior at Vanderbilt, headed to get a master's in art history and museum studies. Has your interest in art influenced your style? I solidified my style before I ever started studying art. My mother helped me define what looks good on me pretty early. What's your idea of a great outfit? A skirt or dress with fabulous shoes. I love stilettos; my small frame needs a high heel. I look for simple classic shapes, which is why I love vintage. And I love fabulous jewelry. What wouldn't you be caught dead in? Baggy pants and a baggy tee. One baggy thing is OK, but you have to have something fitted or you just look awful. What's the biggest fashion faux pas you see people make? If it's too tight, don't wear it. Any favorite health and beauty products? I swear by Jurlique, a natural skincare line. I use the recovery gel, the moisturizer with SPF, the beauty cream, and I love the tea tree oil face wash. As for make-up, I wear Clinique products, but for a little funk I love MAC. Any advice for stylish college kids? Look at your body type to figure out what looks good on you, and then get those styles in lots of colors. Think about building a wardrobe now; you probably won't be adding much for a while once you're on your own working.-
- No events
- The New Age of St. Pete Our neighbor to the north is poised to become the vintage capital of the world.
- For Sale: Baseball Star Nick Markakis's Home As baseball star Nick Markakis plans to move from the Baltimore Orioles to the Atlanta...
- Best of Sarasota 2015: Dining
- The Best of Sarasota 2015 Our editors' and readers' picks for the Best of Sarasota 2015.
- A Look at Sarasota's Growing Traffic Problem Brookings Institution fellow and Sarasota native Adie Tomer on what's driving our current traffic crisis.
- Photo of the Week: A View of the Bay from Selby Gardens The view of the bay from Selby Gardens is consistently stunning at any time of...
- Luxury Home - June 2, 2015
- Blush Bridal Opens in Downtown Sarasota Blush Bridal, a couture bridal boutique, has opened its doors on First Street in downtown...
- Sarasota Music Festival
- FST Presents the Premiere of the Apprentice Lab Project