What are you wearing? A black and white Jessica McClintock gown and Chinese Laundry black sandals with rhinestone buckle. How would you describe your style? Classic, but I definitely pay attention to the trends and mix in some vintage pieces. Where do you go to school? I'm a junior at Vanderbilt, headed to get a master's in art history and museum studies. Has your interest in art influenced your style? I solidified my style before I ever started studying art. My mother helped me define what looks good on me pretty early. What's your idea of a great outfit? A skirt or dress with fabulous shoes. I love stilettos; my small frame needs a high heel. I look for simple classic shapes, which is why I love vintage. And I love fabulous jewelry. What wouldn't you be caught dead in? Baggy pants and a baggy tee. One baggy thing is OK, but you have to have something fitted or you just look awful. What's the biggest fashion faux pas you see people make? If it's too tight, don't wear it. Any favorite health and beauty products? I swear by Jurlique, a natural skincare line. I use the recovery gel, the moisturizer with SPF, the beauty cream, and I love the tea tree oil face wash. As for make-up, I wear Clinique products, but for a little funk I love MAC. Any advice for stylish college kids? Look at your body type to figure out what looks good on you, and then get those styles in lots of colors. Think about building a wardrobe now; you probably won't be adding much for a while once you're on your own working.-
- Fleet Feet's Ton of Fun Challenge
- SWAT Networking
- De Soto National Memorial Ranger-led Kayak Tours
- Rotary Club of Bradenton Weekly Meeting
- The Dali Museum: M.C. Escher Special Exhibition
- Gardens of the Mind Dr. Joel Elkes at 102: A Retrospective
- John Russo Announces 2015 Fall Schedule
- Selby Gardens Presents “Living Sculpture: The Art of Air Plants"
- The Players Theatre Presents “The 39 Steps”
- 18th Annual Gala for Life
- South Florida Museum Presents "Clyde Butcher's Cuba: The Natural Beauty"
- The 5 Best Things We Ate This Week Our panel of experts share their top five picks on the local dining scene this...
- An Unlikely Heroine Steps in to Save Crumbling Dolphin Tower When downtown's Dolphin Tower threatened to collapse, an unlikely heroine emerged.
- Two "Granny Ranches" Hit the Sarasota Real Estate Market Two 1950s "granny ranches" have come on the local market.
- Our 8 Favorite #Sarasota Photos on Instagram This Week This week: This morning's rocket launch, peaceful sunsets, seashells and more.
- Their Sarasota Wedding: Jenn and Denver Stutler's Longboat Key Wedding Jenn and Denver Stutler celebrated their wedding with a New Year's Day brunch on Longboat...
- Safe Sex Paranormal Prom Planned Parenthood's annual Halloween gala
$85 in advance; $100 at the door
Michael's On East
More info and...
- Fins at Sharky's Beer Dinner Five-course beer pairing.
- Their Sarasota Wedding: Cody and Jana Stapleton at the South Florida Museum Cody and Jana wed in April at the South Florida Museum.
- Sarasota Culture Collective Kicks Off 2015-2016 Season The Arts and Cultural Alliance of Sarasota County kicks off its 2015-2016 Culture Collective season...
- Sarasota Magazine October 2015 Digital Edition