Age: 30 Design experience: Three years working professionally with my mother [30-year Sarasota designer Bonnie Lancaster] at Lancaster-Humma-White Studio, the oldest design studio in Sarasota. What Mom taught me: I'd come here after school and help organize the library and file paperwork. My mother always wanted to share what she was doing creatively with me. We have clients who've been around since I was in kindergarten and now they're calling me for design help. Greatest challenge: Going back and forth between being highly creative and being practical in a business sense. What Sarasota needs: More variety in retail. I swore off palm trees the first year I was back in Sarasota, in 2003. Every accessory, every garbage can had a palm tree or a pineapple. Don't skimp on: Things that are long-term-flooring, window treatments, kitchen cabinetry. You don't want to pick a funky, bright blue tile that's going to look outdated in a year. Paint your wall bright blue instead. In two years when you're sick of it, it's easier to update. What's in my home: I'm painting my living room in Tibetan bright lavenders and pinks, very funky and fun. My roommate and I decided it's probably the last time we'd be able to have a pink living room. In my spare time: I'm on the board of directors of the Humane Society, and I'm the event planning chair of the Sarasota Young Professionals Group, so I don't have a lot of spare time.
- Rosie O'Donnell is Selling Her Casey Key Home Rosie O'Donnell is selling her Casey Key home after just three years.
- Ned Davis Sells Stock Market Research Company After an immensely profitable sale, Ned Davis is no longer running his stock market research...
- What It Really Means to be Wealthy in Sarasota Are you rich? Former Barron's editor Rich Rescigno answers what turns out to be--in Sarasota...
- Venice YMCA Black Tie Gala
- Pino's Reopens in Paradise Plaza Pino's restaurant reopens in a new space in Sarasota's Paradise Plaza.
- PAINT Nail Bar Opens in Downtown Sarasota The salon--the brainchild of Michele Schlossberg--will offer lux-yet-affordable nail services in downtown Sarasota.
- Karen Clarke Opens Fiona Children’s Special Occasion in Gulf Gate Karen Clarke opens a little shop for big-event dresses.
- Sarasota Shopping Finds: Add Some Sparkle to Your Life Style editor Carol Tisch rounds up her favorite Sarasota shopping finds this month.
- Renowned Composer Jerry Bilik Moves to Sarasota The composer has been music coordinator the Oscars and Emmys, as well as VP of...
- March 2015: The Wealth Issue