Age: 30 Design experience: Three years working professionally with my mother [30-year Sarasota designer Bonnie Lancaster] at Lancaster-Humma-White Studio, the oldest design studio in Sarasota. What Mom taught me: I'd come here after school and help organize the library and file paperwork. My mother always wanted to share what she was doing creatively with me. We have clients who've been around since I was in kindergarten and now they're calling me for design help. Greatest challenge: Going back and forth between being highly creative and being practical in a business sense. What Sarasota needs: More variety in retail. I swore off palm trees the first year I was back in Sarasota, in 2003. Every accessory, every garbage can had a palm tree or a pineapple. Don't skimp on: Things that are long-term-flooring, window treatments, kitchen cabinetry. You don't want to pick a funky, bright blue tile that's going to look outdated in a year. Paint your wall bright blue instead. In two years when you're sick of it, it's easier to update. What's in my home: I'm painting my living room in Tibetan bright lavenders and pinks, very funky and fun. My roommate and I decided it's probably the last time we'd be able to have a pink living room. In my spare time: I'm on the board of directors of the Humane Society, and I'm the event planning chair of the Sarasota Young Professionals Group, so I don't have a lot of spare time.
- Sarasota's Best Restaurants Our panel of judges picks out Sarasota's top 21 best restaurants.
- Rosie O'Donnell is Selling Her Casey Key Home Rosie O'Donnell is selling her Casey Key home after just three years.
- Eight Great Sarasota Sandwiches From the artisanal to the ethnic, the create combos we love most.
- Venice YMCA Black Tie Gala
- Sarasota Magazine February 2015
- Touring the Bay Aboard the Carefree Learner A floating classroom on Sarasota Bay.
- X Prize Founder Peter Diamandis Visits Sarasota The author and "techno-optimist" was in town for a book signing and lecture with 350...
- Artist Series Concerts Gala
- Junior League Legacy luncheon
- FSU/Asolo Conservatory's [title of show] Arts editor Kay Kipling reviews this musical about a musical's creation.