Age: 30 Design experience: Three years working professionally with my mother [30-year Sarasota designer Bonnie Lancaster] at Lancaster-Humma-White Studio, the oldest design studio in Sarasota. What Mom taught me: I'd come here after school and help organize the library and file paperwork. My mother always wanted to share what she was doing creatively with me. We have clients who've been around since I was in kindergarten and now they're calling me for design help. Greatest challenge: Going back and forth between being highly creative and being practical in a business sense. What Sarasota needs: More variety in retail. I swore off palm trees the first year I was back in Sarasota, in 2003. Every accessory, every garbage can had a palm tree or a pineapple. Don't skimp on: Things that are long-term-flooring, window treatments, kitchen cabinetry. You don't want to pick a funky, bright blue tile that's going to look outdated in a year. Paint your wall bright blue instead. In two years when you're sick of it, it's easier to update. What's in my home: I'm painting my living room in Tibetan bright lavenders and pinks, very funky and fun. My roommate and I decided it's probably the last time we'd be able to have a pink living room. In my spare time: I'm on the board of directors of the Humane Society, and I'm the event planning chair of the Sarasota Young Professionals Group, so I don't have a lot of spare time.
- Fleet Feet's Ton of Fun Challenge
- SWAT Networking
- De Soto National Memorial Ranger-led Kayak Tours
- Rotary Club of Bradenton Weekly Meeting
- The Dali Museum: M.C. Escher Special Exhibition
- Gardens of the Mind Dr. Joel Elkes at 102: A Retrospective
- John Russo Announces 2015 Fall Schedule
- Selby Gardens Presents “Living Sculpture: The Art of Air Plants"
- The Ringling Museum Presents "Royal Taste: The Art of Princely Courts in Fifteenth-Century China"
- Get Moonstruck with the Sarasota Singles Society - Movie Party
- Conversations at the Crocker Opens with “Moods of the Miakka” Documentary
- An Unlikely Heroine Steps in to Save Crumbling Dolphin Tower When downtown's Dolphin Tower threatened to collapse, an unlikely heroine emerged.
- The 5 Best Things We Ate This Week Our panel of experts share their top five picks on the local dining scene this...
- Two "Granny Ranches" Hit the Sarasota Real Estate Market Two 1950s "granny ranches" have come on the local market.
- Our 8 Favorite #Sarasota Photos on Instagram This Week This week: This morning's rocket launch, peaceful sunsets, seashells and more.
- For Sale: Mini-Ranch in Myakka Yes, you can live the country lifestyle in Sarasota--case in point: This mini-ranch on six...