Age: 58. Design experience: Graduated from Ringling School of Art and Design in 1971, while working for Jacobson's on St. Armands. Bought Whitney Design & Associates [with John Griggs] in 1984 and will become president of ASID Florida West Coast Chapter this fall. Style defined: Usually more simplified. I am a Chanel suit. Every home needs: A floor plan you can get through. Scale the furniture. Many places have such over-scaled furniture that, unless you're in a bank lobby, two chairs and a table fill the room. What to display: If it looks good and it has sentiment, we're using it. Price has nothing to do with it. Good advice: If the designer tells you, "You must do this," go get somebody else. I don't live there; you do. My dinner parties: Summer we barbecue, and in the winter, maybe a roast. On Easter we do Southern, so it was ham, cheese grits and pole beans for 13 guests. In my home: When guests get ready to leave, they have to put their shoes back on. You know your home is comfortable if your guests are comfortable. Giving back: At one point we did eight major events for charity a year. When I was young, I was helping a friend who was chairing something and I felt guilty because I couldn't write a check. She said, "I can get someone to write a check. I can't get someone to come and work. I can count on you."
- Rosie O'Donnell is Selling Her Casey Key Home Rosie O'Donnell is selling her Casey Key home after just three years.
- Eight Great Sarasota Sandwiches From the artisanal to the ethnic, the create combos we love most.
- Sarasota Magazine February 2015
- Venice YMCA Black Tie Gala
- Pino's Reopens in Paradise Plaza Pino's restaurant reopens in a new space in Sarasota's Paradise Plaza.
- Sarasota Magazine Best of 2015: Coolest Party - Hottest Event Sip, Savor, Socialize at Sarasota Magazine’s annual Best Of Sarasota Party featuring the top restaurants...
- Our Town: Sarasota Community News, March 2015 Hot topics, talk and history.
- Michael's On East “Crackerjack” Baltimore Epicurean Adventure Honors Orioles
- Christine A. Moore Millinery Trunk Show and Designer appearance at The Met
- Three Dog Night to perform at the Van Wezel