Age: 58. Design experience: Graduated from Ringling School of Art and Design in 1971, while working for Jacobson's on St. Armands. Bought Whitney Design & Associates [with John Griggs] in 1984 and will become president of ASID Florida West Coast Chapter this fall. Style defined: Usually more simplified. I am a Chanel suit. Every home needs: A floor plan you can get through. Scale the furniture. Many places have such over-scaled furniture that, unless you're in a bank lobby, two chairs and a table fill the room. What to display: If it looks good and it has sentiment, we're using it. Price has nothing to do with it. Good advice: If the designer tells you, "You must do this," go get somebody else. I don't live there; you do. My dinner parties: Summer we barbecue, and in the winter, maybe a roast. On Easter we do Southern, so it was ham, cheese grits and pole beans for 13 guests. In my home: When guests get ready to leave, they have to put their shoes back on. You know your home is comfortable if your guests are comfortable. Giving back: At one point we did eight major events for charity a year. When I was young, I was helping a friend who was chairing something and I felt guilty because I couldn't write a check. She said, "I can get someone to write a check. I can't get someone to come and work. I can count on you."
- The New Age of St. Pete Our neighbor to the north is poised to become the vintage capital of the world.
- Greek Restaurant Blu Kouzina Opens on St. Armands Circle Chef Judi gets the dish on this new St. Armands hotspot.
- For Sale: Baseball Star Nick Markakis's Home As baseball star Nick Markakis plans to move from the Baltimore Orioles to the Atlanta...
- Best of Sarasota 2015: Dining
- The Best of Sarasota 2015 Our editors' and readers' picks for the Best of Sarasota 2015.
- Photo of the Week: A View of the Bay from Selby Gardens The view of the bay from Selby Gardens is consistently stunning at any time of...
- Luxury Home - June 2, 2015
- Blush Bridal Opens in Downtown Sarasota Blush Bridal, a couture bridal boutique, has opened its doors on First Street in downtown...
- Sarasota Music Festival
- FST Presents the Premiere of the Apprentice Lab Project