Age: 58. Design experience: Graduated from Ringling School of Art and Design in 1971, while working for Jacobson's on St. Armands. Bought Whitney Design & Associates [with John Griggs] in 1984 and will become president of ASID Florida West Coast Chapter this fall. Style defined: Usually more simplified. I am a Chanel suit. Every home needs: A floor plan you can get through. Scale the furniture. Many places have such over-scaled furniture that, unless you're in a bank lobby, two chairs and a table fill the room. What to display: If it looks good and it has sentiment, we're using it. Price has nothing to do with it. Good advice: If the designer tells you, "You must do this," go get somebody else. I don't live there; you do. My dinner parties: Summer we barbecue, and in the winter, maybe a roast. On Easter we do Southern, so it was ham, cheese grits and pole beans for 13 guests. In my home: When guests get ready to leave, they have to put their shoes back on. You know your home is comfortable if your guests are comfortable. Giving back: At one point we did eight major events for charity a year. When I was young, I was helping a friend who was chairing something and I felt guilty because I couldn't write a check. She said, "I can get someone to write a check. I can't get someone to come and work. I can count on you."
- Fleet Feet's Ton of Fun Challenge
- SWAT Networking
- De Soto National Memorial Ranger-led Kayak Tours
- Rotary Club of Bradenton Weekly Meeting
- The Dali Museum: M.C. Escher Special Exhibition
- Gardens of the Mind Dr. Joel Elkes at 102: A Retrospective
- John Russo Announces 2015 Fall Schedule
- Selby Gardens Presents “Living Sculpture: The Art of Air Plants"
- The Players Theatre Presents “The 39 Steps”
- SAF Film - "Visual Acoustics: The Modernism of Julius Shulman" at Burns Court
- The 5 Best Things We Ate This Week Our panel of experts share their top five picks on the local dining scene this...
- Two "Granny Ranches" Hit the Sarasota Real Estate Market Two 1950s "granny ranches" have come on the local market.
- Our 8 Favorite #Sarasota Photos on Instagram This Week This week: This morning's rocket launch, peaceful sunsets, seashells and more.
- Their Sarasota Wedding: Jenn and Denver Stutler's Longboat Key Wedding Jenn and Denver Stutler celebrated their wedding with a New Year's Day brunch on Longboat...
- For Sale: Mini-Ranch in Myakka Yes, you can live the country lifestyle in Sarasota--case in point: This mini-ranch on six...