Age: 58. Design experience: Graduated from Ringling School of Art and Design in 1971, while working for Jacobson's on St. Armands. Bought Whitney Design & Associates [with John Griggs] in 1984 and will become president of ASID Florida West Coast Chapter this fall. Style defined: Usually more simplified. I am a Chanel suit. Every home needs: A floor plan you can get through. Scale the furniture. Many places have such over-scaled furniture that, unless you're in a bank lobby, two chairs and a table fill the room. What to display: If it looks good and it has sentiment, we're using it. Price has nothing to do with it. Good advice: If the designer tells you, "You must do this," go get somebody else. I don't live there; you do. My dinner parties: Summer we barbecue, and in the winter, maybe a roast. On Easter we do Southern, so it was ham, cheese grits and pole beans for 13 guests. In my home: When guests get ready to leave, they have to put their shoes back on. You know your home is comfortable if your guests are comfortable. Giving back: At one point we did eight major events for charity a year. When I was young, I was helping a friend who was chairing something and I felt guilty because I couldn't write a check. She said, "I can get someone to write a check. I can't get someone to come and work. I can count on you."
- For Sale: Ground-Floor Bayfront Apartment on Golden Gate Point Bob Plunket takes us inside a ground-floor apartment with beautiful bay views on downtown Sarasota's...
- PAINT Nail Bar Opens in Downtown Sarasota The salon--the brainchild of Michele Schlossberg--will offer lux-yet-affordable nail services in downtown Sarasota.
- Six Questions with Vaughn Dorrian of Hummingbird Fine Foods Dorrian will be at Morton's Market today for a live demonstration and tasting.
- March 2015: The Wealth Issue
- Sneak Peek: Our 2015 Best Of Sarasota Party With just over a month left to get your tickets, we're sharing a few sizzling...
- Sarasota Magazine April 2015
- F.I.S.H.BoatWorks Aims to Save Wooden Boats A Cortez group of wooden boat restorers takes on its biggest project yet.
- How to Live the Sarasota Boating Life We live in a boater's paradise. Let's chart your course.
- Sponsored Blog: What’s Up with Wallpaper: Why and How You Should Use It Sarasota interior design firm Chic on the Cheap shows us how to pick the perfect...
- Sarasota Film Festival