I came to Sarasota: Right after I graduated from college in 1971, because Yankee Traveler—which became Jacobson’s on St. Armands Circle—had an opening for a designer. Design philosophy: I hate everything to match. I don’t want a cocktail table and matching end tables. It’s much more exciting to be eclectic, mixing wonderful antiques with contemporary art. Homeowners should spend money on: Flooring. That’s your starting point; a wonderful antique oriental rug, for example. From there you can branch out to textiles and colors. Inspiration comes from: My clients, their lifestyle, energy and enthusiasm. My home: I’m in the process of renovating an older condo in downtown Sarasota. The room I love: My den/library, because I’m surrounded by my books. I have an antique French desk, and my favorite chair and ottoman are right next to my bookcases. That’s my retreat. Fantasy vacation: I would spend three months in Italy, rent an apartment in Florence and just branch out from there. My new favorite store: Country Dining Room Antiques in Great Barrington, Mass. It’s two floors filled with the most glorious china, flatware, crystal and linens. Of course, I wanted everything.
- No events
- The New Age of St. Pete Our neighbor to the north is poised to become the vintage capital of the world.
- For Sale: Baseball Star Nick Markakis's Home As baseball star Nick Markakis plans to move from the Baltimore Orioles to the Atlanta...
- Best of Sarasota 2015: Dining
- The Best of Sarasota 2015 Our editors' and readers' picks for the Best of Sarasota 2015.
- A Look at Sarasota's Growing Traffic Problem Brookings Institution fellow and Sarasota native Adie Tomer on what's driving our current traffic crisis.
- Photo of the Week: A View of the Bay from Selby Gardens The view of the bay from Selby Gardens is consistently stunning at any time of...
- Luxury Home - June 2, 2015
- Blush Bridal Opens in Downtown Sarasota Blush Bridal, a couture bridal boutique, has opened its doors on First Street in downtown...
- Sarasota Music Festival
- FST Presents the Premiere of the Apprentice Lab Project