I came to Sarasota: Right after I graduated from college in 1971, because Yankee Traveler—which became Jacobson’s on St. Armands Circle—had an opening for a designer. Design philosophy: I hate everything to match. I don’t want a cocktail table and matching end tables. It’s much more exciting to be eclectic, mixing wonderful antiques with contemporary art. Homeowners should spend money on: Flooring. That’s your starting point; a wonderful antique oriental rug, for example. From there you can branch out to textiles and colors. Inspiration comes from: My clients, their lifestyle, energy and enthusiasm. My home: I’m in the process of renovating an older condo in downtown Sarasota. The room I love: My den/library, because I’m surrounded by my books. I have an antique French desk, and my favorite chair and ottoman are right next to my bookcases. That’s my retreat. Fantasy vacation: I would spend three months in Italy, rent an apartment in Florence and just branch out from there. My new favorite store: Country Dining Room Antiques in Great Barrington, Mass. It’s two floors filled with the most glorious china, flatware, crystal and linens. Of course, I wanted everything.
- For Sale: Ground-Floor Bayfront Apartment on Golden Gate Point Bob Plunket takes us inside a ground-floor apartment with beautiful bay views on downtown Sarasota's...
- PAINT Nail Bar Opens in Downtown Sarasota The salon--the brainchild of Michele Schlossberg--will offer lux-yet-affordable nail services in downtown Sarasota.
- Six Questions with Vaughn Dorrian of Hummingbird Fine Foods Dorrian will be at Morton's Market today for a live demonstration and tasting.
- March 2015: The Wealth Issue
- Sneak Peek: Our 2015 Best Of Sarasota Party With just over a month left to get your tickets, we're sharing a few sizzling...
- Sarasota Magazine April 2015
- F.I.S.H.BoatWorks Aims to Save Wooden Boats A Cortez group of wooden boat restorers takes on its biggest project yet.
- How to Live the Sarasota Boating Life We live in a boater's paradise. Let's chart your course.
- Sponsored Blog: What’s Up with Wallpaper: Why and How You Should Use It Sarasota interior design firm Chic on the Cheap shows us how to pick the perfect...
- Sarasota Film Festival