I came to Sarasota: Right after I graduated from college in 1971, because Yankee Traveler—which became Jacobson’s on St. Armands Circle—had an opening for a designer. Design philosophy: I hate everything to match. I don’t want a cocktail table and matching end tables. It’s much more exciting to be eclectic, mixing wonderful antiques with contemporary art. Homeowners should spend money on: Flooring. That’s your starting point; a wonderful antique oriental rug, for example. From there you can branch out to textiles and colors. Inspiration comes from: My clients, their lifestyle, energy and enthusiasm. My home: I’m in the process of renovating an older condo in downtown Sarasota. The room I love: My den/library, because I’m surrounded by my books. I have an antique French desk, and my favorite chair and ottoman are right next to my bookcases. That’s my retreat. Fantasy vacation: I would spend three months in Italy, rent an apartment in Florence and just branch out from there. My new favorite store: Country Dining Room Antiques in Great Barrington, Mass. It’s two floors filled with the most glorious china, flatware, crystal and linens. Of course, I wanted everything.
- Rosie O'Donnell is Selling Her Casey Key Home Rosie O'Donnell is selling her Casey Key home after just three years.
- Sarasota Magazine February 2015
- Ned Davis Sells Stock Market Research Company After an immensely profitable sale, Ned Davis is no longer running his stock market research...
- Venice YMCA Black Tie Gala
- Pino's Reopens in Paradise Plaza Pino's restaurant reopens in a new space in Sarasota's Paradise Plaza.
- Karen Clarke Opens Fiona Children’s Special Occasion in Gulf Gate Karen Clarke opens a little shop for big-event dresses.
- Sarasota Shopping Finds: Add Some Sparkle to Your Life Style editor Carol Tisch rounds up her favorite Sarasota shopping finds this month.
- Renowned Composer Jerry Bilik Moves to Sarasota The composer has been music coordinator the Oscars and Emmys, as well as VP of...
- March 2015: The Wealth Issue
- "Rainforest Masks of Costa Rica" Opens at Selby Gardens on March 6 The annual "Rainforest Masks of Costa Rica" exhibit at Selby Gardens will run from March...