Sarasota designer for: 40 years. What’s new: With the influx of people from the Northeast, we’re getting a more flamboyant client. It raises the bar; we as a design community tend to get lazy. Keeping the old: People still like to have a warm sand background. Southwest Florida is so bright that they prefer a lighter, cooler foundation. Then they can flood the room with color. Unfortunate trend: The quality of merchandise; so much has been outsourced. You can’t call China or India and ask for a sample. The best clients are: Husbands and wives who work together well. Favorite project: A children’s room. They wanted to create an indoor tree house—the beds were in the shape of tree trunks. It was like working for Disney. My home: An 1894 Florida Cracker-style home on the water. [Husband and architect] Frank and I bought it 25 years ago. Everywhere you go is comfortable. Favorite place: My bathtub; it looks out over Longboat Key. Musical favorites: Classical radio, Rod Stewart and Elton John. I like mellow things. And I love singing in the church choir. If I weren’t a designer, I would: Surround myself with animals. They’re the best teachers in life.
- Rosie O'Donnell is Selling Her Casey Key Home Rosie O'Donnell is selling her Casey Key home after just three years.
- Eight Great Sarasota Sandwiches From the artisanal to the ethnic, the create combos we love most.
- Sarasota Magazine February 2015
- Venice YMCA Black Tie Gala
- Pino's Reopens in Paradise Plaza Pino's restaurant reopens in a new space in Sarasota's Paradise Plaza.
- Sarasota Magazine Best of 2015: Coolest Party - Hottest Event Sip, Savor, Socialize at Sarasota Magazine’s annual Best Of Sarasota Party featuring the top restaurants...
- Our Town: Sarasota Community News, March 2015 Hot topics, talk and history.
- Michael's On East “Crackerjack” Baltimore Epicurean Adventure Honors Orioles
- Christine A. Moore Millinery Trunk Show and Designer appearance at The Met
- Three Dog Night to perform at the Van Wezel