What are you wearing? A spaghetti-strap gossamer gown in garnet over black with butterfly embellishment from Allen Schwartz, Alfani sandals, jewelry from my husband’s grandmother and no purse—just a lipstick in my husband’s coat pocket. How did you choose your dress? I bought this dress for my engagement party five years ago, but with the butterfly appliqués, it was a natural for tonight. How would you define your style? I go for old Hollywood glamour: feminine and sophisticated. I also love trends; you can buy them inexpensively to change your look for one season. What I really love is unique costume jewelry, the kind of thing you buy on vacation in the islands, something handmade that evokes a memory whenever you wear it. Anything you wouldn’t be caught dead in? I’d try anything once. I don’t think I’d look particularly good in overalls or anything that overwhelms my petite frame. Where do you shop? Everywhere from Ann Taylor to Saks to T.J. Maxx. How about restaurants? I love Barnacle Bill’s. Also Selva Grill and Chutney’s. I go for fresh, healthy, flavorful foods with exotic spices, lots of fish, fruit and vegetables. Do you also exercise to stay in shape? I run, bike, walk and swim. Sometimes I do an old-fashioned workout with push-ups and sit-ups, but I don’t go to the gym, I just go outside. Any favorite products? I’m faithful to Estee Lauder products, and I mix in drugstore cosmetics as well because they’re fun and inexpensive. For hair, I use whatever happens to be in the shower. What do you like best about Sarasota? The tropical environment. I’m one of those people who lives here and actually goes to the beach
- Rosie O'Donnell is Selling Her Casey Key Home Rosie O'Donnell is selling her Casey Key home after just three years.
- Sarasota Magazine February 2015
- Ned Davis Sells Stock Market Research Company After an immensely profitable sale, Ned Davis is no longer running his stock market research...
- Venice YMCA Black Tie Gala
- Pino's Reopens in Paradise Plaza Pino's restaurant reopens in a new space in Sarasota's Paradise Plaza.
- Karen Clarke Opens Fiona Children’s Special Occasion in Gulf Gate Karen Clarke opens a little shop for big-event dresses.
- Sarasota Shopping Finds: Add Some Sparkle to Your Life Style editor Carol Tisch rounds up her favorite Sarasota shopping finds this month.
- Renowned Composer Jerry Bilik Moves to Sarasota The composer has been music coordinator the Oscars and Emmys, as well as VP of...
- March 2015: The Wealth Issue
- "Rainforest Masks of Costa Rica" Opens at Selby Gardens on March 6 The annual "Rainforest Masks of Costa Rica" exhibit at Selby Gardens will run from March...