What are you wearing? A striped, fitted Gant shirt, concrete-colored thin-wale cords by Façonnable, Louis Vuitton suede shoes and a Seiko diving watch. How would you describe your personal style? European-conservative. How do you know when it’s time to update your look? We spend about a month in France every year and I like the slimmer fit I see over there, so I buy most of my clothes abroad. But also, you change. About eight years ago, I was trimmer, so I had to really look to find clothes that fit. The first few times I wear something cutting edge, I’m aware of it, and then it just feels right. What will you add to your wardrobe this season? Two-button suits. I just got rid of about 15 three-button suits because two-buttons look more contemporary. I like a fitted, non-pleated, body-conscious style. What is your fashion trademark? My shirts. I often order them from Addison’s on Madison (in New York City). I like my shirts fitted with double buttons up both sleeve cuffs for a cleaner, flatter finish. I also look for subtle style points, like the lime-green stitching on several of the belt loops and the pockets of my cords. What wouldn’t you be caught dead in? Right now, single-pleat pants. Any favorite products? I like the Aveda line, and I love the scent of Creed. Where do you shop? In Sarasota, mainly at The Met or maybe Saks. In New York, I like Barney’s. Where do you go out in Sarasota? We particularly like The Table and Café Bologna. How do you stay in shape? I bicycle and swim and run around with my kids (ages seven, six and two).
- For Sale: Bobby Vinton's Former Home (Including Blue Velvet Drapes) This week, Bob Plunket takes us inside a Sarasota School of Architecture Home on New...
- Social on First Introduces New Saturday Brunch Downtown Sarasota's popular Social on First now offers Saturday brunch; Chef Judi Gallagher tastes and...
- Brown Bag Provisions Opens at Artisan Cheese Company Kelly Drost reopens her popular sandwich biz.
- Is Harbor Acres Sarasota's Best Neighborhood? This enclave of quiet wealth may be the best neighborhood in town.
- Boston Globe's Alex Beam on Why He Loves Rowing in Sarasota Beam on why he rows here, there and everywhere.