What are you wearing? A golden gown from Sarasota Bride with my old bronze sandals that I’ve had for 10 years and threw on because it was raining. How would you describe your personal style? I like both vintage and new. Everything I buy, I try to make sure it’s timeless. Who influenced your style? My [four] daughters and I love the classic style of Marilyn Monroe, Jackie O, Audrey Hepburn— definitely Audrey Hepburn. What will you be adding to your wardrobe this season? I just bought a military-style Ralph Lauren jacket/dress, navy with old brass buttons and a high collar. For accessories, I’ve just added a Coach Bleecker bag from the vintage collection. What is the biggest mistake people make today? Dressing too young for your age or overdressing for an occasion. What is your fashion trademark? I like vintage dresses that I find in little antique stores, things I can pull out 10 years later and they still look right. How do you stay in shape? I have a personal trainer: Lauren Chadwick at L-Fit, just off Main Street. What are your favorite beauty products? I like Lauren Hutton’s line. Everything’s simple, not overdone. Where do you shop? I love the Michael Kors outlet in Ellenton, Dillard’s for Ralph Lauren and White House/Black Market on St Armands.What’s the best gift you ever got? My husband bought me a farm for an indigent family, and another time a well for a village through World Vision. Those were the most meaningful gifts to me. What do you like best about Sarasota? The water and that we have so much to do here. We have restaurants, theater and the downtown area is getting better all the time.
- Rosie O'Donnell is Selling Her Casey Key Home Rosie O'Donnell is selling her Casey Key home after just three years.
- Sarasota Magazine February 2015
- Venice YMCA Black Tie Gala
- Pino's Reopens in Paradise Plaza Pino's restaurant reopens in a new space in Sarasota's Paradise Plaza.
- For Sale: Southern Mini-Estate in Venice Bob Plunket shows us a piece of Venice real estate--a Southern mini-manse--that's currently for sale...
- Restaurant Review: The Capital Grille Marsha Fottler reviews The Capital Grille at Sarasota's Mall at University Town Center and finds...
- Sarasota IV Lounge Offers a New Kind of Preventative Medicine Plus, Wild Ginger Apothecary opens for business, free dental screenings at LECOM and National Nutrition...
- Spring Fashion and Beauty Picks from Fashion Editor Heather Dunhill Our fashion editor rounds up her favorite fashion and beauty picks for spring.
- "Re:Purposed" Exhibit Opens at The Ringling The show runs through May 17.
- Sweet Treat: Station 400's Ricotta Pancakes Pancakes topped with lemon curd and blackberries make for the perfect breakfast item.