What are you wearing? A golden gown from Sarasota Bride with my old bronze sandals that I’ve had for 10 years and threw on because it was raining. How would you describe your personal style? I like both vintage and new. Everything I buy, I try to make sure it’s timeless. Who influenced your style? My [four] daughters and I love the classic style of Marilyn Monroe, Jackie O, Audrey Hepburn— definitely Audrey Hepburn. What will you be adding to your wardrobe this season? I just bought a military-style Ralph Lauren jacket/dress, navy with old brass buttons and a high collar. For accessories, I’ve just added a Coach Bleecker bag from the vintage collection. What is the biggest mistake people make today? Dressing too young for your age or overdressing for an occasion. What is your fashion trademark? I like vintage dresses that I find in little antique stores, things I can pull out 10 years later and they still look right. How do you stay in shape? I have a personal trainer: Lauren Chadwick at L-Fit, just off Main Street. What are your favorite beauty products? I like Lauren Hutton’s line. Everything’s simple, not overdone. Where do you shop? I love the Michael Kors outlet in Ellenton, Dillard’s for Ralph Lauren and White House/Black Market on St Armands.What’s the best gift you ever got? My husband bought me a farm for an indigent family, and another time a well for a village through World Vision. Those were the most meaningful gifts to me. What do you like best about Sarasota? The water and that we have so much to do here. We have restaurants, theater and the downtown area is getting better all the time.
- The New Age of St. Pete Our neighbor to the north is poised to become the vintage capital of the world.
- For Sale: Baseball Star Nick Markakis's Home As baseball star Nick Markakis plans to move from the Baltimore Orioles to the Atlanta...
- Best of Sarasota 2015: Dining
- The Best of Sarasota 2015 Our editors' and readers' picks for the Best of Sarasota 2015.
- A Look at Sarasota's Growing Traffic Problem Brookings Institution fellow and Sarasota native Adie Tomer on what's driving our current traffic crisis.
- Photo of the Week: A View of the Bay from Selby Gardens The view of the bay from Selby Gardens is consistently stunning at any time of...
- Luxury Home - June 2, 2015
- Blush Bridal Opens in Downtown Sarasota Blush Bridal, a couture bridal boutique, has opened its doors on First Street in downtown...
- Sarasota Music Festival
- FST Presents the Premiere of the Apprentice Lab Project