What are you wearing? A golden gown from Sarasota Bride with my old bronze sandals that I’ve had for 10 years and threw on because it was raining. How would you describe your personal style? I like both vintage and new. Everything I buy, I try to make sure it’s timeless. Who influenced your style? My [four] daughters and I love the classic style of Marilyn Monroe, Jackie O, Audrey Hepburn— definitely Audrey Hepburn. What will you be adding to your wardrobe this season? I just bought a military-style Ralph Lauren jacket/dress, navy with old brass buttons and a high collar. For accessories, I’ve just added a Coach Bleecker bag from the vintage collection. What is the biggest mistake people make today? Dressing too young for your age or overdressing for an occasion. What is your fashion trademark? I like vintage dresses that I find in little antique stores, things I can pull out 10 years later and they still look right. How do you stay in shape? I have a personal trainer: Lauren Chadwick at L-Fit, just off Main Street. What are your favorite beauty products? I like Lauren Hutton’s line. Everything’s simple, not overdone. Where do you shop? I love the Michael Kors outlet in Ellenton, Dillard’s for Ralph Lauren and White House/Black Market on St Armands.What’s the best gift you ever got? My husband bought me a farm for an indigent family, and another time a well for a village through World Vision. Those were the most meaningful gifts to me. What do you like best about Sarasota? The water and that we have so much to do here. We have restaurants, theater and the downtown area is getting better all the time.
- For Sale: Bobby Vinton's Former Home (Including Blue Velvet Drapes) This week, Bob Plunket takes us inside a Sarasota School of Architecture Home on New...
- Brown Bag Provisions Opens at Artisan Cheese Company Kelly Drost reopens her popular sandwich biz.
- Social on First Introduces New Saturday Brunch Downtown Sarasota's popular Social on First now offers Saturday brunch; Chef Judi Gallagher tastes and...
- Is Harbor Acres Sarasota's Best Neighborhood? This enclave of quiet wealth may be the best neighborhood in town.
- Six Questions with Vaughn Dorrian of Hummingbird Fine Foods Dorrian will be at Morton's Market today for a live demonstration and tasting.
- Sarasota’s New Medical Residency Program Sarasota Memorial Health Care System and Florida State University announced the creation of a...
- Sarasota Film Festival: Cartel Land A documentary follows vigilante groups fighting drug cartels on both sides of the border.
- Sarasota Chamber Prime Time
- Companies Tee Off and Women’s Executive Tee
- EDC Sarasota County Economic Outlook 2015