What are you wearing? A golden gown from Sarasota Bride with my old bronze sandals that I’ve had for 10 years and threw on because it was raining. How would you describe your personal style? I like both vintage and new. Everything I buy, I try to make sure it’s timeless. Who influenced your style? My [four] daughters and I love the classic style of Marilyn Monroe, Jackie O, Audrey Hepburn— definitely Audrey Hepburn. What will you be adding to your wardrobe this season? I just bought a military-style Ralph Lauren jacket/dress, navy with old brass buttons and a high collar. For accessories, I’ve just added a Coach Bleecker bag from the vintage collection. What is the biggest mistake people make today? Dressing too young for your age or overdressing for an occasion. What is your fashion trademark? I like vintage dresses that I find in little antique stores, things I can pull out 10 years later and they still look right. How do you stay in shape? I have a personal trainer: Lauren Chadwick at L-Fit, just off Main Street. What are your favorite beauty products? I like Lauren Hutton’s line. Everything’s simple, not overdone. Where do you shop? I love the Michael Kors outlet in Ellenton, Dillard’s for Ralph Lauren and White House/Black Market on St Armands.What’s the best gift you ever got? My husband bought me a farm for an indigent family, and another time a well for a village through World Vision. Those were the most meaningful gifts to me. What do you like best about Sarasota? The water and that we have so much to do here. We have restaurants, theater and the downtown area is getting better all the time.
- Rosie O'Donnell is Selling Her Casey Key Home Rosie O'Donnell is selling her Casey Key home after just three years.
- Ned Davis Sells Stock Market Research Company After an immensely profitable sale, Ned Davis is no longer running his stock market research...
- What It Really Means to be Wealthy in Sarasota Are you rich? Former Barron's editor Rich Rescigno answers what turns out to be--in Sarasota...
- Venice YMCA Black Tie Gala
- Pino's Reopens in Paradise Plaza Pino's restaurant reopens in a new space in Sarasota's Paradise Plaza.
- PAINT Nail Bar Opens in Downtown Sarasota The salon--the brainchild of Michele Schlossberg--will offer lux-yet-affordable nail services in downtown Sarasota.
- Karen Clarke Opens Fiona Children’s Special Occasion in Gulf Gate Karen Clarke opens a little shop for big-event dresses.
- Sarasota Shopping Finds: Add Some Sparkle to Your Life Style editor Carol Tisch rounds up her favorite Sarasota shopping finds this month.
- Renowned Composer Jerry Bilik Moves to Sarasota The composer has been music coordinator the Oscars and Emmys, as well as VP of...
- March 2015: The Wealth Issue