What are you wearing? A golden gown from Sarasota Bride with my old bronze sandals that I’ve had for 10 years and threw on because it was raining. How would you describe your personal style? I like both vintage and new. Everything I buy, I try to make sure it’s timeless. Who influenced your style? My [four] daughters and I love the classic style of Marilyn Monroe, Jackie O, Audrey Hepburn— definitely Audrey Hepburn. What will you be adding to your wardrobe this season? I just bought a military-style Ralph Lauren jacket/dress, navy with old brass buttons and a high collar. For accessories, I’ve just added a Coach Bleecker bag from the vintage collection. What is the biggest mistake people make today? Dressing too young for your age or overdressing for an occasion. What is your fashion trademark? I like vintage dresses that I find in little antique stores, things I can pull out 10 years later and they still look right. How do you stay in shape? I have a personal trainer: Lauren Chadwick at L-Fit, just off Main Street. What are your favorite beauty products? I like Lauren Hutton’s line. Everything’s simple, not overdone. Where do you shop? I love the Michael Kors outlet in Ellenton, Dillard’s for Ralph Lauren and White House/Black Market on St Armands.What’s the best gift you ever got? My husband bought me a farm for an indigent family, and another time a well for a village through World Vision. Those were the most meaningful gifts to me. What do you like best about Sarasota? The water and that we have so much to do here. We have restaurants, theater and the downtown area is getting better all the time.
- Fleet Feet's Ton of Fun Challenge
- SWAT Networking
- De Soto National Memorial Ranger-led Kayak Tours
- Rotary Club of Bradenton Weekly Meeting
- The Dali Museum: M.C. Escher Special Exhibition
- Gardens of the Mind Dr. Joel Elkes at 102: A Retrospective
- John Russo Announces 2015 Fall Schedule
- Selby Gardens Presents “Living Sculpture: The Art of Air Plants"
- The Players Theatre Presents “The 39 Steps”
- Jazz Club of Sarasota Introduces Oktoberfest Pub Crawl
- The 5 Best Things We Ate This Week Our panel of experts share their top five picks on the local dining scene this...
- Two "Granny Ranches" Hit the Sarasota Real Estate Market Two 1950s "granny ranches" have come on the local market.
- An Unlikely Heroine Steps in to Save Crumbling Dolphin Tower When downtown's Dolphin Tower threatened to collapse, an unlikely heroine emerged.
- Our 8 Favorite #Sarasota Photos on Instagram This Week This week: This morning's rocket launch, peaceful sunsets, seashells and more.
- Their Sarasota Wedding: Jenn and Denver Stutler's Longboat Key Wedding Jenn and Denver Stutler celebrated their wedding with a New Year's Day brunch on Longboat...
- Safe Sex Paranormal Prom Planned Parenthood's annual Halloween gala
$85 in advance; $100 at the door
Michael's On East
More info and...
- Fins at Sharky's Beer Dinner Five-course beer pairing.
- Their Sarasota Wedding: Cody and Jana Stapleton at the South Florida Museum Cody and Jana wed in April at the South Florida Museum.
- Sarasota Culture Collective Kicks Off 2015-2016 Season The Arts and Cultural Alliance of Sarasota County kicks off its 2015-2016 Culture Collective season...
- Sarasota Magazine October 2015 Digital Edition