As new president of the NAACP Sarasota County Youth Chapter, Edward James III promised “to register as many young people to vote as possible.” In his first few months in office, he’s already signed up more than 50 new Sarasota voters, and he’s excited about seeing “young people all over the country voting in record numbers” this year. An NAACP member since 1992, the Pine View senior (son of ABC7 Black Almanac host Ed James) loves politics and admits he’s always had the gift of gab: “Even if I didn’t know what I was talking about, I still wanted people to listen to me.” These days he he’s talking about “facilitating social justice movements” and uniting the country. This fall, he’ll be attending University of Chicago, where he’ll closely monitor November’s election.
- For Sale: Ground-Floor Bayfront Apartment on Golden Gate Point Bob Plunket takes us inside a ground-floor apartment with beautiful bay views on downtown Sarasota's...
- PAINT Nail Bar Opens in Downtown Sarasota The salon--the brainchild of Michele Schlossberg--will offer lux-yet-affordable nail services in downtown Sarasota.
- Six Questions with Vaughn Dorrian of Hummingbird Fine Foods Dorrian will be at Morton's Market today for a live demonstration and tasting.
- March 2015: The Wealth Issue
- Sneak Peek: Our 2015 Best Of Sarasota Party With just over a month left to get your tickets, we're sharing a few sizzling...
- Sarasota Magazine April 2015
- F.I.S.H.BoatWorks Aims to Save Wooden Boats A Cortez group of wooden boat restorers takes on its biggest project yet.
- How to Live the Sarasota Boating Life We live in a boater's paradise. Let's chart your course.
- Sponsored Blog: What’s Up with Wallpaper: Why and How You Should Use It Sarasota interior design firm Chic on the Cheap shows us how to pick the perfect...
- Sarasota Film Festival