At 23, Bradenton native Braden Chandler already boasts a 10-year career centered on his passion—soccer. After working as an equipment manager with two Major League Soccer franchises and the under-17 men’s national team, he returned home in 2007 to get married and start his own company: Big Kick Indoor Soccer off Whitfield Avenue. In business just eight months, the Lakewood Ranch grad oversees six full-time employees, four part-time referees and six adult soccer leagues totaling more than 50 teams—plus a children’s development program with nearly 100 kids under the age of nine, and soccer camps “whenever kids are out of school.” What drives him? “Seeing people’s faces when they come off the field, seeing kids have an awesome time—just making people happy.”
- The New Age of St. Pete Our neighbor to the north is poised to become the vintage capital of the world.
- Greek Restaurant Blu Kouzina Opens on St. Armands Circle Chef Judi gets the dish on this new St. Armands hotspot.
- Best of Sarasota Party
- For Sale: Baseball Star Nick Markakis's Home As baseball star Nick Markakis plans to move from the Baltimore Orioles to the Atlanta...
- Best of Sarasota 2015: Dining
- Photo of the Week: A View of the Bay from Selby Gardens The view of the bay from Selby Gardens is consistently stunning at any time of...
- Luxury Home - June 2, 2015
- Blush Bridal Opens in Downtown Sarasota Blush Bridal, a couture bridal boutique, has opened its doors on First Street in downtown...
- Sarasota Music Festival
- FST Presents the Premiere of the Apprentice Lab Project