With intricately patterned petals and fragrant blooms that last up to three weeks after cutting, the Peruvian lily (Alstromeria) is the ideal flower for spring and summer bouquets. Planted in partial shade and well-drained soil, the lily of the Incas should produce colorful displays in early summer—just be sure to mulch to protect its brittle roots from the hot Florida sun.
- Rosie O'Donnell is Selling Her Casey Key Home Rosie O'Donnell is selling her Casey Key home after just three years.
- Sarasota Magazine February 2015
- Venice YMCA Black Tie Gala
- Pino's Reopens in Paradise Plaza Pino's restaurant reopens in a new space in Sarasota's Paradise Plaza.
- For Sale: Southern Mini-Estate in Venice Bob Plunket shows us a piece of Venice real estate--a Southern mini-manse--that's currently for sale...
- Restaurant Review: The Capital Grille Marsha Fottler reviews The Capital Grille at Sarasota's Mall at University Town Center and finds...
- Sarasota IV Lounge Offers a New Kind of Preventative Medicine Plus, Wild Ginger Apothecary opens for business, free dental screenings at LECOM and National Nutrition...
- Spring Fashion and Beauty Picks from Fashion Editor Heather Dunhill Our fashion editor rounds up her favorite fashion and beauty picks for spring.
- "Re:Purposed" Exhibit Opens at The Ringling The show runs through May 17.
- Sweet Treat: Station 400's Ricotta Pancakes Pancakes topped with lemon curd and blackberries make for the perfect breakfast item.