With intricately patterned petals and fragrant blooms that last up to three weeks after cutting, the Peruvian lily (Alstromeria) is the ideal flower for spring and summer bouquets. Planted in partial shade and well-drained soil, the lily of the Incas should produce colorful displays in early summer—just be sure to mulch to protect its brittle roots from the hot Florida sun.
- For Sale: Bobby Vinton's Former Home (Including Blue Velvet Drapes) This week, Bob Plunket takes us inside a Sarasota School of Architecture Home on New...
- Brown Bag Provisions Opens at Artisan Cheese Company Kelly Drost reopens her popular sandwich biz.
- Social on First Introduces New Saturday Brunch Downtown Sarasota's popular Social on First now offers Saturday brunch; Chef Judi Gallagher tastes and...
- Is Harbor Acres Sarasota's Best Neighborhood? This enclave of quiet wealth may be the best neighborhood in town.
- Six Questions with Vaughn Dorrian of Hummingbird Fine Foods Dorrian will be at Morton's Market today for a live demonstration and tasting.
- Sarasota’s New Medical Residency Program Sarasota Memorial Health Care System and Florida State University announced the creation of a...
- Sarasota Film Festival: Cartel Land A documentary follows vigilante groups fighting drug cartels on both sides of the border.
- Sarasota Chamber Prime Time
- Companies Tee Off and Women’s Executive Tee
- EDC Sarasota County Economic Outlook 2015