With intricately patterned petals and fragrant blooms that last up to three weeks after cutting, the Peruvian lily (Alstromeria) is the ideal flower for spring and summer bouquets. Planted in partial shade and well-drained soil, the lily of the Incas should produce colorful displays in early summer—just be sure to mulch to protect its brittle roots from the hot Florida sun.
- Sarasota's Best Restaurants Our panel of judges picks out Sarasota's top 21 best restaurants.
- Rosie O'Donnell is Selling Her Casey Key Home Rosie O'Donnell is selling her Casey Key home after just three years.
- Eight Great Sarasota Sandwiches From the artisanal to the ethnic, the create combos we love most.
- Venice YMCA Black Tie Gala
- Sarasota Magazine February 2015
- Touring the Bay Aboard the Carefree Learner A floating classroom on Sarasota Bay.
- X Prize Founder Peter Diamandis Visits Sarasota The author and "techno-optimist" was in town for a book signing and lecture with 350...
- Artist Series Concerts Gala
- Junior League Legacy luncheon
- FSU/Asolo Conservatory's [title of show] Arts editor Kay Kipling reviews this musical about a musical's creation.