What are you wearing? A black chiffon dress by Elie Saab with custom beadwork across the bodice. He and Zuhair Murad are my favorite designers; they’re both from Lebanon, and I’m from Syria. Where do you shop? I shop in Europe, and, again, Lebanon. They have the best fashion; I go there a few times a year. I go to a couple of places in New York, too, like Dolce and Gabbana. I go over to the big designer shops in Miami, like Prada, for the shoes and purses, but I very rarely shop here. Describe your fashion style. I like to be different. I like sexy, and pretty. I don’t follow crazy fashion; I like to look elegant, like a lady. I wear black, red and white, but most of the time I’m in black. My father called me the Black Beauty. What brought you to Sarasota? I’ve been here five years. I was married to a doctor who got a job offer in Sarasota. I saw the sunset on Siesta Key—all the colors—and decided to stay. It is like a little paradise here. I owned a store called Yara’s Boutique on Hillview for one year, but closed it recently because of the economy. I’m now finishing my M.B.A. at USF.
- Sarasota's Best Restaurants Our panel of judges picks out Sarasota's top 21 best restaurants.
- Rosie O'Donnell is Selling Her Casey Key Home Rosie O'Donnell is selling her Casey Key home after just three years.
- Eight Great Sarasota Sandwiches From the artisanal to the ethnic, the create combos we love most.
- Venice YMCA Black Tie Gala
- Sarasota Magazine February 2015
- Touring the Bay Aboard the Carefree Learner A floating classroom on Sarasota Bay.
- X Prize Founder Peter Diamandis Visits Sarasota The author and "techno-optimist" was in town for a book signing and lecture with 350...
- Artist Series Concerts Gala
- Junior League Legacy luncheon
- FSU/Asolo Conservatory's [title of show] Arts editor Kay Kipling reviews this musical about a musical's creation.