What are you wearing? A black chiffon dress by Elie Saab with custom beadwork across the bodice. He and Zuhair Murad are my favorite designers; they’re both from Lebanon, and I’m from Syria. Where do you shop? I shop in Europe, and, again, Lebanon. They have the best fashion; I go there a few times a year. I go to a couple of places in New York, too, like Dolce and Gabbana. I go over to the big designer shops in Miami, like Prada, for the shoes and purses, but I very rarely shop here. Describe your fashion style. I like to be different. I like sexy, and pretty. I don’t follow crazy fashion; I like to look elegant, like a lady. I wear black, red and white, but most of the time I’m in black. My father called me the Black Beauty. What brought you to Sarasota? I’ve been here five years. I was married to a doctor who got a job offer in Sarasota. I saw the sunset on Siesta Key—all the colors—and decided to stay. It is like a little paradise here. I owned a store called Yara’s Boutique on Hillview for one year, but closed it recently because of the economy. I’m now finishing my M.B.A. at USF.
- The New Age of St. Pete Our neighbor to the north is poised to become the vintage capital of the world.
- Greek Restaurant Blu Kouzina Opens on St. Armands Circle Chef Judi gets the dish on this new St. Armands hotspot.
- For Sale: Baseball Star Nick Markakis's Home As baseball star Nick Markakis plans to move from the Baltimore Orioles to the Atlanta...
- Best of Sarasota 2015: Dining
- The Best of Sarasota 2015 Our editors' and readers' picks for the Best of Sarasota 2015.
- Photo of the Week: A View of the Bay from Selby Gardens The view of the bay from Selby Gardens is consistently stunning at any time of...
- Luxury Home - June 2, 2015
- Blush Bridal Opens in Downtown Sarasota Blush Bridal, a couture bridal boutique, has opened its doors on First Street in downtown...
- Sarasota Music Festival
- FST Presents the Premiere of the Apprentice Lab Project