What are you wearing? A black chiffon dress by Elie Saab with custom beadwork across the bodice. He and Zuhair Murad are my favorite designers; they’re both from Lebanon, and I’m from Syria. Where do you shop? I shop in Europe, and, again, Lebanon. They have the best fashion; I go there a few times a year. I go to a couple of places in New York, too, like Dolce and Gabbana. I go over to the big designer shops in Miami, like Prada, for the shoes and purses, but I very rarely shop here. Describe your fashion style. I like to be different. I like sexy, and pretty. I don’t follow crazy fashion; I like to look elegant, like a lady. I wear black, red and white, but most of the time I’m in black. My father called me the Black Beauty. What brought you to Sarasota? I’ve been here five years. I was married to a doctor who got a job offer in Sarasota. I saw the sunset on Siesta Key—all the colors—and decided to stay. It is like a little paradise here. I owned a store called Yara’s Boutique on Hillview for one year, but closed it recently because of the economy. I’m now finishing my M.B.A. at USF.
- Rosie O'Donnell is Selling Her Casey Key Home Rosie O'Donnell is selling her Casey Key home after just three years.
- Sarasota Magazine February 2015
- Venice YMCA Black Tie Gala
- Pino's Reopens in Paradise Plaza Pino's restaurant reopens in a new space in Sarasota's Paradise Plaza.
- For Sale: Southern Mini-Estate in Venice Bob Plunket shows us a piece of Venice real estate--a Southern mini-manse--that's currently for sale...
- Sarasota Magazine Best of 2015: Coolest Party - Hottest Event Sip, Savor, Socialize at Sarasota Magazine’s annual Best Of Sarasota Party featuring the top restaurants...
- Our Town: Sarasota Community News, March 2015 Hot topics, talk and history.
- Michael's On East “Crackerjack” Baltimore Epicurean Adventure Honors Orioles
- Christine A. Moore Millinery Trunk Show and Designer appearance at The Met
- Three Dog Night to perform at the Van Wezel