Pedigreed antiques, lush upholstery fabrics and fine art are Bob Bacon’s passions. So when he recently moved to a Sarasota mobile home park called The Winds of St. Armands, he took his prized possessions with him. “I didn’t want to part with anything, but I’m not a condo person. And I didn’t want to deal with a garden, a swimming pool and huge overhead—I just wanted to power down in a place for me and my dog,” says the owner of Bacon & Wing, a furniture and textiles manufacturing business he built to national prominence with his partner, the late Thomas Wing. Instead, Bacon bought his now majestic mobile home for $15,000 and immediately embarked on a $100,000 remodel, including enclosing the porch for a new total of 1,600 square feet of interior space. “I went for the best—a new kitchen, new bath with a sink from Paris, wood floors, all new walls and five-point crown molding throughout,” he says. “The last thing I wanted was a home that looked like a trailer.”
- Rosie O'Donnell is Selling Her Casey Key Home Rosie O'Donnell is selling her Casey Key home after just three years.
- Sarasota Magazine February 2015
- Venice YMCA Black Tie Gala
- Ned Davis Sells Stock Market Research Company After an immensely profitable sale, Ned Davis is no longer running his stock market research...
- Pino's Reopens in Paradise Plaza Pino's restaurant reopens in a new space in Sarasota's Paradise Plaza.
- "Rainforest Masks of Costa Rica" Opens at Selby Gardens on March 6 The annual "Rainforest Masks of Costa Rica" exhibit at Selby Gardens will run from March...
- Masquerade Ball
- Sarasota Ballet Gala
- Trend Report: Pearls Pearls are having a moment.
- How to Design the Perfect Laundry Room Interior designer Mark Dalton on creating a modern, multitasking space.