If you ask us, Sarasota’s official mascot should be the lizard; even last winter’s record-breaking cold spell didn’t seem to make a dent in the local population, which scurries around our yards—and often inside our homes as well. James Phillips caught this lizard—or to be more precise, anole—perched on a statue at the Ringling Museum courtyard on a steamy summer day. Puffing out his dewlap in a display of proud territoriality, he adds a living dimension to our classical tradition, and is proof positive that Sarasota really does offer the perfect blend of nature and art.
- Rosie O'Donnell is Selling Her Casey Key Home Rosie O'Donnell is selling her Casey Key home after just three years.
- Sarasota Magazine February 2015
- Venice YMCA Black Tie Gala
- Pino's Reopens in Paradise Plaza Pino's restaurant reopens in a new space in Sarasota's Paradise Plaza.
- For Sale: Southern Mini-Estate in Venice Bob Plunket shows us a piece of Venice real estate--a Southern mini-manse--that's currently for sale...
- Sarasota Magazine Best of 2015: Coolest Party - Hottest Event Sip, Savor, Socialize at Sarasota Magazine’s annual Best Of Sarasota Party featuring the top restaurants...
- Our Town: Sarasota Community News, March 2015 Hot topics, talk and history.
- Michael's On East “Crackerjack” Baltimore Epicurean Adventure Honors Orioles
- Christine A. Moore Millinery Trunk Show and Designer appearance at The Met
- Three Dog Night to perform at the Van Wezel