Artist Sabrina Small has lived in Berlin, Miami, San Francisco and even Budapest, but with family in Sarasota (where she attended high school), she came back two years ago to nest in a historic wood frame house dating from 1936, tucked away amid stands of bamboo and tiki torches along Whitaker Bayou. It’s small but suitable, offering her studio space, room for the vinyl records she loves to listen to, and a living room where she’s set up a sewing machine to stitch together forms for the piece she’s collaborating on with Fuzion Dance Artists (onstage March 25-27 at the Cook Theatre, based on her dance-based image, Black Orpheus). She’s also a stop on this month’s Creators and Collectors Tour for the Fine Arts Society. “I sell my work pretty well here,” she says. “And I know more people I can work with.”
- Fleet Feet's Ton of Fun Challenge
- SWAT Networking
- De Soto National Memorial Ranger-led Kayak Tours
- Rotary Club of Bradenton Weekly Meeting
- The Dali Museum: M.C. Escher Special Exhibition
- Gardens of the Mind Dr. Joel Elkes at 102: A Retrospective
- John Russo Announces 2015 Fall Schedule
- Selby Gardens Presents “Living Sculpture: The Art of Air Plants"
- The Ringling Museum Presents "Royal Taste: The Art of Princely Courts in Fifteenth-Century China"
- Get Moonstruck with the Sarasota Singles Society - Movie Party
- Conversations at the Crocker Opens with “Moods of the Miakka” Documentary
- An Unlikely Heroine Steps in to Save Crumbling Dolphin Tower When downtown's Dolphin Tower threatened to collapse, an unlikely heroine emerged.
- The 5 Best Things We Ate This Week Our panel of experts share their top five picks on the local dining scene this...
- Two "Granny Ranches" Hit the Sarasota Real Estate Market Two 1950s "granny ranches" have come on the local market.
- Our 8 Favorite #Sarasota Photos on Instagram This Week This week: This morning's rocket launch, peaceful sunsets, seashells and more.
- For Sale: Mini-Ranch in Myakka Yes, you can live the country lifestyle in Sarasota--case in point: This mini-ranch on six...