The new Brasserie Belge excels at sophisticated Continental dishes, but don’t overlook the simple hanger steak with frites. Chefs love this cut of beef for its flavor, andchef Karl Deneubourg (a Belgian native) grills it to perfection, then bathes it in shallot and red wine reduction. It’s served with a side of authentic Belgian French fries and homemade mayonnaise for dipping. Steak and potatoes have never tasted so good.
- For Sale: Bobby Vinton's Former Home (Including Blue Velvet Drapes) This week, Bob Plunket takes us inside a Sarasota School of Architecture Home on New...
- Social on First Introduces New Saturday Brunch Downtown Sarasota's popular Social on First now offers Saturday brunch; Chef Judi Gallagher tastes and...
- Brown Bag Provisions Opens at Artisan Cheese Company Kelly Drost reopens her popular sandwich biz.
- Is Harbor Acres Sarasota's Best Neighborhood? This enclave of quiet wealth may be the best neighborhood in town.
- Boston Globe's Alex Beam on Why He Loves Rowing in Sarasota Beam on why he rows here, there and everywhere.