This statue, a towering 26 feet tall, is located in front of Marina Jack and is called Unconditional Surrender. With the emotions—and, for some, the memories—it evokes, it is not difficult to understand why there’s a seemingly endless stream of people snapping photographs in front of it at all hours. The most impressive part of this statue, though, is the sentimental feel it has, despite its size. However, it has also been the cause of some controversy because it seems that people either love the statue or hate it. How do you feel about it?
- Sarasota's Best Restaurants Our panel of judges picks out Sarasota's top 21 best restaurants.
- Rosie O'Donnell is Selling Her Casey Key Home Rosie O'Donnell is selling her Casey Key home after just three years.
- Eight Great Sarasota Sandwiches From the artisanal to the ethnic, the create combos we love most.
- Venice YMCA Black Tie Gala
- Sarasota Magazine February 2015
- Touring the Bay Aboard the Carefree Learner A floating classroom on Sarasota Bay.
- X Prize Founder Peter Diamandis Visits Sarasota The author and "techno-optimist" was in town for a book signing and lecture with 350...
- Artist Series Concerts Gala
- Junior League Legacy luncheon
- FSU/Asolo Conservatory's [title of show] Arts editor Kay Kipling reviews this musical about a musical's creation.