This statue, a towering 26 feet tall, is located in front of Marina Jack and is called Unconditional Surrender. With the emotions—and, for some, the memories—it evokes, it is not difficult to understand why there’s a seemingly endless stream of people snapping photographs in front of it at all hours. The most impressive part of this statue, though, is the sentimental feel it has, despite its size. However, it has also been the cause of some controversy because it seems that people either love the statue or hate it. How do you feel about it?
- For Sale: Bobby Vinton's Former Home (Including Blue Velvet Drapes) This week, Bob Plunket takes us inside a Sarasota School of Architecture Home on New...
- Social on First Introduces New Saturday Brunch Downtown Sarasota's popular Social on First now offers Saturday brunch; Chef Judi Gallagher tastes and...
- Brown Bag Provisions Opens at Artisan Cheese Company Kelly Drost reopens her popular sandwich biz.
- Is Harbor Acres Sarasota's Best Neighborhood? This enclave of quiet wealth may be the best neighborhood in town.
- Boston Globe's Alex Beam on Why He Loves Rowing in Sarasota Beam on why he rows here, there and everywhere.