By now, most of us have heard the heartbreaking story of the 53-year-old jogger who was hit by a drunk driver this past weekend on Siesta Key. But have you seen the video of her dog being rescued by a Siesta Beach kayaker? After the accident, the terrified pup--who was also injured in the accident--ran away from the scene and made his way to Siesta Beach, where he jumped into the ocean and swam toward a kayaker. The kayaker, whose vessel was equipped with video camera and was able to capture the whole thing, noticed the dog swimming frantically toward him, pulled him into the kayak when he got close and, luckily, was able to return him to his family. Read more here.
- No events
- The New Age of St. Pete Our neighbor to the north is poised to become the vintage capital of the world.
- For Sale: Baseball Star Nick Markakis's Home As baseball star Nick Markakis plans to move from the Baltimore Orioles to the Atlanta...
- Best of Sarasota 2015: Dining
- The Best of Sarasota 2015 Our editors' and readers' picks for the Best of Sarasota 2015.
- A Look at Sarasota's Growing Traffic Problem Brookings Institution fellow and Sarasota native Adie Tomer on what's driving our current traffic crisis.
- Photo of the Week: A View of the Bay from Selby Gardens The view of the bay from Selby Gardens is consistently stunning at any time of...
- Luxury Home - June 2, 2015
- Blush Bridal Opens in Downtown Sarasota Blush Bridal, a couture bridal boutique, has opened its doors on First Street in downtown...
- Sarasota Music Festival
- FST Presents the Premiere of the Apprentice Lab Project