A four-bedroom, five-bath home at 344 W. Royal Flamingo Drive—one of Bird Key’s most coveted streets because of its open bay and sunset views—was the highest-priced Sarasota County home sold in November at $2,675,000. Built in 1998, it went on the market in January 2011 at $3,495,000. The listing agent was Lynn Koy of Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate; Diane Otis Stirling of Michael Saunders & Company was the selling agent. Previous sale: $3.6 million in 2007. Sales information provided by Kim Ogilvie of Michael Saunders & Company
- For Sale: Bobby Vinton's Former Home (Including Blue Velvet Drapes) This week, Bob Plunket takes us inside a Sarasota School of Architecture Home on New...
- Social on First Introduces New Saturday Brunch Downtown Sarasota's popular Social on First now offers Saturday brunch; Chef Judi Gallagher tastes and...
- Brown Bag Provisions Opens at Artisan Cheese Company Kelly Drost reopens her popular sandwich biz.
- Is Harbor Acres Sarasota's Best Neighborhood? This enclave of quiet wealth may be the best neighborhood in town.
- Boston Globe's Alex Beam on Why He Loves Rowing in Sarasota Beam on why he rows here, there and everywhere.