When the first visitors stroll the mile-and-a-quarter length of Bradenton's beautiful new Riverwalk on Oct. 18, it will be a proud day for lead designers James Pankonin and Bill Waddill of consulting firm Kimley-Horn and Associates. The duo started work on the master plan for the waterfront public space 2 ½ years ago, with input from Bradenton's Downtown Development Authority (which funded the $6.2 million project), Realize Bradenton, and the public. "The main goal is to keep people downtown after work and on weekends, so we tried to keep it flexible for all sorts of events" says Pankonin —from concerts to skateboarding to just going fishing.
- For Sale: Ground-Floor Bayfront Apartment on Golden Gate Point Bob Plunket takes us inside a ground-floor apartment with beautiful bay views on downtown Sarasota's...
- PAINT Nail Bar Opens in Downtown Sarasota The salon--the brainchild of Michele Schlossberg--will offer lux-yet-affordable nail services in downtown Sarasota.
- Six Questions with Vaughn Dorrian of Hummingbird Fine Foods Dorrian will be at Morton's Market today for a live demonstration and tasting.
- March 2015: The Wealth Issue
- Sneak Peek: Our 2015 Best Of Sarasota Party With just over a month left to get your tickets, we're sharing a few sizzling...
- Sarasota Magazine April 2015
- F.I.S.H.BoatWorks Aims to Save Wooden Boats A Cortez group of wooden boat restorers takes on its biggest project yet.
- How to Live the Sarasota Boating Life We live in a boater's paradise. Let's chart your course.
- Sponsored Blog: What’s Up with Wallpaper: Why and How You Should Use It Sarasota interior design firm Chic on the Cheap shows us how to pick the perfect...
- Sarasota Film Festival