Illustrator and graphic designer John Pirman moved from New York to Siesta Key five years ago, but he's been enamored of Florida and its visual style for as long as he can remember. Pirman's clients include national magazines and companies, and he says the environment here has inspired his work for them, "in color and subject matter." Along with its beauty, he says, the city has a "hip and modern" sensibility that's in synch with his artistic style. He loves to drive around and discover iconic places and scenes, and he'll be sharing some of those on this page in months to come. We're starting with the tranquil view from his lounge chair at the end of the day, as he savors his pool, little sports car and the color-drenched sky. "Corny as it sounds," he says, "it's a dream come true."
- Rosie O'Donnell is Selling Her Casey Key Home Rosie O'Donnell is selling her Casey Key home after just three years.
- Sarasota Magazine February 2015
- Venice YMCA Black Tie Gala
- Pino's Reopens in Paradise Plaza Pino's restaurant reopens in a new space in Sarasota's Paradise Plaza.
- For Sale: Southern Mini-Estate in Venice Bob Plunket shows us a piece of Venice real estate--a Southern mini-manse--that's currently for sale...
- Sarasota Magazine Best of 2015: Coolest Party - Hottest Event Sip, Savor, Socialize at Sarasota Magazine’s annual Best Of Sarasota Party featuring the top restaurants...
- Our Town: Sarasota Community News, March 2015 Hot topics, talk and history.
- Michael's On East “Crackerjack” Baltimore Epicurean Adventure Honors Orioles
- Christine A. Moore Millinery Trunk Show and Designer appearance at The Met
- Three Dog Night to perform at the Van Wezel