Illustrator and graphic designer John Pirman moved from New York to Siesta Key five years ago, but he's been enamored of Florida and its visual style for as long as he can remember. Pirman's clients include national magazines and companies, and he says the environment here has inspired his work for them, "in color and subject matter." Along with its beauty, he says, the city has a "hip and modern" sensibility that's in synch with his artistic style. He loves to drive around and discover iconic places and scenes, and he'll be sharing some of those on this page in months to come. We're starting with the tranquil view from his lounge chair at the end of the day, as he savors his pool, little sports car and the color-drenched sky. "Corny as it sounds," he says, "it's a dream come true."
- Rosie O'Donnell is Selling Her Casey Key Home Rosie O'Donnell is selling her Casey Key home after just three years.
- Sarasota Magazine February 2015
- Venice YMCA Black Tie Gala
- Pino's Reopens in Paradise Plaza Pino's restaurant reopens in a new space in Sarasota's Paradise Plaza.
- For Sale: Southern Mini-Estate in Venice Bob Plunket shows us a piece of Venice real estate--a Southern mini-manse--that's currently for sale...
- Restaurant Review: The Capital Grille Marsha Fottler reviews The Capital Grille at Sarasota's Mall at University Town Center and finds...
- Sarasota IV Lounge Offers a New Kind of Preventative Medicine Plus, Wild Ginger Apothecary opens for business, free dental screenings at LECOM and National Nutrition...
- Spring Fashion and Beauty Picks from Fashion Editor Heather Dunhill Our fashion editor rounds up her favorite fashion and beauty picks for spring.
- "Re:Purposed" Exhibit Opens at The Ringling The show runs through May 17.
- Sweet Treat: Station 400's Ricotta Pancakes Pancakes topped with lemon curd and blackberries make for the perfect breakfast item.