Illustrator and graphic designer John Pirman moved from New York to Siesta Key five years ago, but he's been enamored of Florida and its visual style for as long as he can remember. Pirman's clients include national magazines and companies, and he says the environment here has inspired his work for them, "in color and subject matter." Along with its beauty, he says, the city has a "hip and modern" sensibility that's in synch with his artistic style. He loves to drive around and discover iconic places and scenes, and he'll be sharing some of those on this page in months to come. We're starting with the tranquil view from his lounge chair at the end of the day, as he savors his pool, little sports car and the color-drenched sky. "Corny as it sounds," he says, "it's a dream come true."
- No events
- The New Age of St. Pete Our neighbor to the north is poised to become the vintage capital of the world.
- For Sale: Baseball Star Nick Markakis's Home As baseball star Nick Markakis plans to move from the Baltimore Orioles to the Atlanta...
- Best of Sarasota 2015: Dining
- The Best of Sarasota 2015 Our editors' and readers' picks for the Best of Sarasota 2015.
- A Look at Sarasota's Growing Traffic Problem Brookings Institution fellow and Sarasota native Adie Tomer on what's driving our current traffic crisis.
- Photo of the Week: A View of the Bay from Selby Gardens The view of the bay from Selby Gardens is consistently stunning at any time of...
- Luxury Home - June 2, 2015
- Blush Bridal Opens in Downtown Sarasota Blush Bridal, a couture bridal boutique, has opened its doors on First Street in downtown...
- Sarasota Music Festival
- FST Presents the Premiere of the Apprentice Lab Project