Illustrator and graphic designer John Pirman moved from New York to Siesta Key five years ago, but he's been enamored of Florida and its visual style for as long as he can remember. Pirman's clients include national magazines and companies, and he says the environment here has inspired his work for them, "in color and subject matter." Along with its beauty, he says, the city has a "hip and modern" sensibility that's in synch with his artistic style. He loves to drive around and discover iconic places and scenes, and he'll be sharing some of those on this page in months to come. We're starting with the tranquil view from his lounge chair at the end of the day, as he savors his pool, little sports car and the color-drenched sky. "Corny as it sounds," he says, "it's a dream come true."
- Sarasota's Best Restaurants Our panel of judges picks out Sarasota's top 21 best restaurants.
- Rosie O'Donnell is Selling Her Casey Key Home Rosie O'Donnell is selling her Casey Key home after just three years.
- Eight Great Sarasota Sandwiches From the artisanal to the ethnic, the create combos we love most.
- Venice YMCA Black Tie Gala
- Sarasota Magazine February 2015
- Our Town: Sarasota Community News, March 2015 Hot topics, talk and history.
- Michael's On East “Crackerjack” Baltimore Epicurean Adventure Honors Orioles
- Christine A. Moore Millinery Trunk Show and Designer appearance at The Met
- Three Dog Night to perform at the Van Wezel
- The Jewish Federation of Sarasota-Manatee Presents the 2015 Milman-Kover Jewish Film Festival