Illustrator and graphic designer John Pirman moved from New York to Siesta Key five years ago, but he's been enamored of Florida and its visual style for as long as he can remember. Pirman's clients include national magazines and companies, and he says the environment here has inspired his work for them, "in color and subject matter." Along with its beauty, he says, the city has a "hip and modern" sensibility that's in synch with his artistic style. He loves to drive around and discover iconic places and scenes, and he'll be sharing some of those on this page in months to come. We're starting with the tranquil view from his lounge chair at the end of the day, as he savors his pool, little sports car and the color-drenched sky. "Corny as it sounds," he says, "it's a dream come true."
- Fleet Feet's Ton of Fun Challenge
- SWAT Networking
- De Soto National Memorial Ranger-led Kayak Tours
- Rotary Club of Bradenton Weekly Meeting
- The Dali Museum: M.C. Escher Special Exhibition
- Gardens of the Mind Dr. Joel Elkes at 102: A Retrospective
- John Russo Announces 2015 Fall Schedule
- Selby Gardens Presents “Living Sculpture: The Art of Air Plants"
- The Players Theatre Presents “The 39 Steps”
- 18th Annual Gala for Life
- South Florida Museum Presents "Clyde Butcher's Cuba: The Natural Beauty"
- The 5 Best Things We Ate This Week Our panel of experts share their top five picks on the local dining scene this...
- An Unlikely Heroine Steps in to Save Crumbling Dolphin Tower When downtown's Dolphin Tower threatened to collapse, an unlikely heroine emerged.
- Two "Granny Ranches" Hit the Sarasota Real Estate Market Two 1950s "granny ranches" have come on the local market.
- Our 8 Favorite #Sarasota Photos on Instagram This Week This week: This morning's rocket launch, peaceful sunsets, seashells and more.
- Their Sarasota Wedding: Jenn and Denver Stutler's Longboat Key Wedding Jenn and Denver Stutler celebrated their wedding with a New Year's Day brunch on Longboat...
- Safe Sex Paranormal Prom Planned Parenthood's annual Halloween gala
$85 in advance; $100 at the door
Michael's On East
More info and...
- Fins at Sharky's Beer Dinner Five-course beer pairing.
- Their Sarasota Wedding: Cody and Jana Stapleton at the South Florida Museum Cody and Jana wed in April at the South Florida Museum.
- Sarasota Culture Collective Kicks Off 2015-2016 Season The Arts and Cultural Alliance of Sarasota County kicks off its 2015-2016 Culture Collective season...
- Sarasota Magazine October 2015 Digital Edition