It’s man against beast when brave cowboys (or cowgirls) take to the ring March 8-10 for the 85th annual Arcadia All-Florida Championship Rodeo in DeSoto County, at the arena on Heard Street. It’s a proud tradition of Cracker country, started back in 1928 to raise money for an American Legion building. Now the rodeo, the oldest in the state, draws cowboy athletes from all over the nation to ride broncos, rope cattle and fight to stay aboard bucking bulls in order to earn purses and points towards the National Finals in Las Vegas. Rodeo parades, a good guy/bad guy shootout and calf scrambles add to the feeling of old Florida. Call (800) 749-7633 for your tickets.
- Rosie O'Donnell is Selling Her Casey Key Home Rosie O'Donnell is selling her Casey Key home after just three years.
- Sarasota Magazine February 2015
- Venice YMCA Black Tie Gala
- Pino's Reopens in Paradise Plaza Pino's restaurant reopens in a new space in Sarasota's Paradise Plaza.
- For Sale: Southern Mini-Estate in Venice Bob Plunket shows us a piece of Venice real estate--a Southern mini-manse--that's currently for sale...
- Restaurant Review: The Capital Grille Marsha Fottler reviews The Capital Grille at Sarasota's Mall at University Town Center and finds...
- Sarasota IV Lounge Offers a New Kind of Preventative Medicine Plus, Wild Ginger Apothecary opens for business, free dental screenings at LECOM and National Nutrition...
- Spring Fashion and Beauty Picks from Fashion Editor Heather Dunhill Our fashion editor rounds up her favorite fashion and beauty picks for spring.
- "Re:Purposed" Exhibit Opens at The Ringling The show runs through May 17.
- Sweet Treat: Station 400's Ricotta Pancakes Pancakes topped with lemon curd and blackberries make for the perfect breakfast item.