It’s man against beast when brave cowboys (or cowgirls) take to the ring March 8-10 for the 85th annual Arcadia All-Florida Championship Rodeo in DeSoto County, at the arena on Heard Street. It’s a proud tradition of Cracker country, started back in 1928 to raise money for an American Legion building. Now the rodeo, the oldest in the state, draws cowboy athletes from all over the nation to ride broncos, rope cattle and fight to stay aboard bucking bulls in order to earn purses and points towards the National Finals in Las Vegas. Rodeo parades, a good guy/bad guy shootout and calf scrambles add to the feeling of old Florida. Call (800) 749-7633 for your tickets.
- For Sale: Ground-Floor Bayfront Apartment on Golden Gate Point Bob Plunket takes us inside a ground-floor apartment with beautiful bay views on downtown Sarasota's...
- PAINT Nail Bar Opens in Downtown Sarasota The salon--the brainchild of Michele Schlossberg--will offer lux-yet-affordable nail services in downtown Sarasota.
- Six Questions with Vaughn Dorrian of Hummingbird Fine Foods Dorrian will be at Morton's Market today for a live demonstration and tasting.
- March 2015: The Wealth Issue
- Sneak Peek: Our 2015 Best Of Sarasota Party With just over a month left to get your tickets, we're sharing a few sizzling...
- Sarasota Magazine April 2015
- F.I.S.H.BoatWorks Aims to Save Wooden Boats A Cortez group of wooden boat restorers takes on its biggest project yet.
- How to Live the Sarasota Boating Life We live in a boater's paradise. Let's chart your course.
- Sponsored Blog: What’s Up with Wallpaper: Why and How You Should Use It Sarasota interior design firm Chic on the Cheap shows us how to pick the perfect...
- Sarasota Film Festival