It’s man against beast when brave cowboys (or cowgirls) take to the ring March 8-10 for the 85th annual Arcadia All-Florida Championship Rodeo in DeSoto County, at the arena on Heard Street. It’s a proud tradition of Cracker country, started back in 1928 to raise money for an American Legion building. Now the rodeo, the oldest in the state, draws cowboy athletes from all over the nation to ride broncos, rope cattle and fight to stay aboard bucking bulls in order to earn purses and points towards the National Finals in Las Vegas. Rodeo parades, a good guy/bad guy shootout and calf scrambles add to the feeling of old Florida. Call (800) 749-7633 for your tickets.
- Rosie O'Donnell is Selling Her Casey Key Home Rosie O'Donnell is selling her Casey Key home after just three years.
- Sarasota Magazine February 2015
- Venice YMCA Black Tie Gala
- Pino's Reopens in Paradise Plaza Pino's restaurant reopens in a new space in Sarasota's Paradise Plaza.
- For Sale: Southern Mini-Estate in Venice Bob Plunket shows us a piece of Venice real estate--a Southern mini-manse--that's currently for sale...
- Sarasota Magazine Best of 2015: Coolest Party - Hottest Event Sip, Savor, Socialize at Sarasota Magazine’s annual Best Of Sarasota Party featuring the top restaurants...
- Our Town: Sarasota Community News, March 2015 Hot topics, talk and history.
- Michael's On East “Crackerjack” Baltimore Epicurean Adventure Honors Orioles
- Christine A. Moore Millinery Trunk Show and Designer appearance at The Met
- Three Dog Night to perform at the Van Wezel