|ANNUAL BUDGET||SUCCESS STORY||
|ShelterBox USA||Volunteer teams deliver emergency
tented shelter and supplies to people
made homeless by disasters.
|$1,723,000||Has provided shelter,
warmth and dignity
for more than a million
people in over 80
countries since 2000.
|To help 50,000 families
affected by disaster
|Agape Flights||Serves missionary families by
providing continuous and critical
supplies and disaster relief.
|$1.3 million||Caribbean airports served
in Haiti, the Dominican
Republic and Eleuthera
have increased to six;
number of missionary
families served now
numbers more than 300.
|To expand mission
flight service to other
nations of the
|Global Outreach||Introducing computer literacy
into secondary schools in
|$30,000||Global is providing
computer learning for
more than 1,000 students
|To change the face
education and more
toward bridging the
|Sea to Share
|Caribbean manatee conservation.||$142,600||Implemented speed zones
and no-wake signage
in waters off Belize City;
incidents in Belize to
|To inspire policy and behavioral changes
toward manatees and their habitats in
Cuba and Belize.
|PMP Sarasota Winter Residency
provides one-of-a-kind professional
development for approximately 35
gifted musicians from around the
world, ages 12-20+.
|$182,630||13,000 members of general
public attend approximately
20 free events featuring
|To continue to train the next generation
of concert artists and
develop and inspire future audiences.
|Unidos Now||"Know Your Rights & Citizenship
Education" Program educates
attendess on rights, including changes
in immigration policies and the
|$40,000||Volunteers have conducted
two seminars per month
in four-county area,
benefiting more than
|Over a decade, hopes to see 30,000
new naturalization processes of citizens
in Southwest Florida.
- What It Really Means to be Wealthy in Sarasota Are you rich? Former Barron's editor Rich Rescigno answers what turns out to be--in Sarasota...
- Ned Davis Sells Stock Market Research Company After an immensely profitable sale, Ned Davis is no longer running his stock market research...
- PAINT Nail Bar Opens in Downtown Sarasota The salon--the brainchild of Michele Schlossberg--will offer lux-yet-affordable nail services in downtown Sarasota.
- For Sale: Ground-Floor Bayfront Apartment on Golden Gate Point Bob Plunket takes us inside a ground-floor apartment with beautiful bay views on downtown Sarasota's...
- Inside Circus Collector Howard Tibbals' Colorful Home The home of the greatest circus fan on Earth is as exuberant and dazzling as...
- Sarasota Magazine Wealth Forum
- Photo of the Week: Sunset at Lido Beach This week's Photo of the Week will have you heading to Lido Beach to join...
- Sarasota Film Festival Kickoff Party Fest organizers announce the film and party line-up.
- What's Blooming in the Ringling Gardens? Sarasota's John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art covers a 66-acre complex of cultural and...
- The Players' Catch Me If You Can Arts editor Kay Kipling reviews this lively musical comedy.