By Beau Denton | March 1, 2013By John Bancroft “If it sparkles, I like it,” confides pastry chef and wedding cake designer Lyndsy McDonald. We guessed as much from her conversation, which sparkles with enthusiasm for her art and her business, Pastries By Design, located at 10667 Boardwalk Loop in Lakewood Ranch. For The Record: The... Read more »
By Beau Denton | February 1, 2013By John Bancroft Donna Tortorice, co-owner of Pop Craft Pops at 2245-A Bee Ridge Road, calls her partner and son, Martin Scott, "the popologist." She handles sales and marketing while he dreams up and crafts their unique and seductive line of artisanal frozen treats on a stick. They make a... Read more »
By John Bancroft | January 1, 2013Ionie Bergs' raw food cafe serves much more than smoothies. Ionie Bergs, proprietor of ionie: Healing Center & Raw Food Cafe, eased into her passion for raw foods back in 2000 when, she says, she began to "dabble" in smoothies and juices. Her interest kicked into high gear five years... Read more »
By John Bancroft | November 1, 2012A new chocolate café offers sweet treats from morning to night. Carol Sirard, 48, is a homegrown chocolatier and proprietor of a unique culinary venture: Sirard's Chocolate Cafe at 5170 Palmer Parkway Blvd., near Clark Road. In addition to handmade chocolates at retail and a morning coffee and pastry bar,... Read more »
- Fleet Feet's Ton of Fun Challenge
- SWAT Networking
- Rotary Club of Bradenton Weekly Meeting
- The Dali Museum: M.C. Escher Special Exhibition
- John Russo Announces 2015 Fall Schedule
- The Ringling Museum Presents "Royal Taste: The Art of Princely Courts in Fifteenth-Century China"
- Florida Studio Theatre Presents "Soul Mates: A Journey to Hitsville"
- Cuban Art from the Collection of Jorge Reynardus
- Florida Studio Theatre Presents One Man, Two Guvnors
- Historic Spanish Point Holly Days and Mangrove Lights
- Vote for the Best of Sarasota 2016 Cast your vote for the Best of Sarasota 2016 and you could win two tickets...
- The Best Waterfront Dining in Sarasota Chef Judi shares her top picks for dining al fresco on the water in Sarasota.
- 6th Annual Siesta Key Crystal Classic Kicks Off This Weekend The 6th annual Siesta Key Crystal Classic Master Sand Sculpting Competition kicks off at Siesta...
- For Sale: Renovated Midcentury Home in Coral Cove This week: Take a tour of a midcentury home in Sarasota's Coral Cove neighborhood--that just...
- Wine, Women and Shoes Luncheon
- Sarasota Hotel Guide Where to stay in Sarasota.
- Where to Retire in Sarasota Our Real Estate Junkie matches six kinds of baby boomers with the perfect Sarasota neighborhoods.
- 7 Sarasota-Inspired Shopping Finds Carol Tisch rounds up 7 Sarasota shopping finds inspired by the pinks and watery blues...
- Guide to Sarasota Sports Your guide to Sarasota sports.
- Splashy Swimwear That's Perfect for Sarasota Beaches Make a splash on Sarasota beaches in this sensational swimwear.