By Beau Denton | March 1, 2013By John Bancroft “If it sparkles, I like it,” confides pastry chef and wedding cake designer Lyndsy McDonald. We guessed as much from her conversation, which sparkles with enthusiasm for her art and her business, Pastries By Design, located at 10667 Boardwalk Loop in Lakewood Ranch. For The Record: The... Read more »
By Beau Denton | February 1, 2013By John Bancroft Donna Tortorice, co-owner of Pop Craft Pops at 2245-A Bee Ridge Road, calls her partner and son, Martin Scott, "the popologist." She handles sales and marketing while he dreams up and crafts their unique and seductive line of artisanal frozen treats on a stick. They make a... Read more »
By John Bancroft | January 1, 2013Ionie Bergs' raw food cafe serves much more than smoothies. Ionie Bergs, proprietor of ionie: Healing Center & Raw Food Cafe, eased into her passion for raw foods back in 2000 when, she says, she began to "dabble" in smoothies and juices. Her interest kicked into high gear five years... Read more »
By John Bancroft | November 1, 2012A new chocolate café offers sweet treats from morning to night. Carol Sirard, 48, is a homegrown chocolatier and proprietor of a unique culinary venture: Sirard's Chocolate Cafe at 5170 Palmer Parkway Blvd., near Clark Road. In addition to handmade chocolates at retail and a morning coffee and pastry bar,... Read more »
- Wines of the World
- Fleet Feet's Ton of Fun Challenge
- SWAT Networking
- Artist Trenton Doyle Hancock at the Ringling Museum
- De Soto National Memorial Ranger-led Kayak Tours
- Splashin’ Selby Saturdays this Summer at Selby Gardens
- Last Chance to see the Summer Circus Spectacular at the Historic Asolo Theatre
- FST Presents The Hound of the Baskervilles
- Every Saturday through September: FST Improv presents "Comedy Lottery"
- Rotary Club of Bradenton Weekly Meeting
- WBBT "The Cotton Club Cabaret"
- Art Center Sarasota Presents the Third Annual “FLORIDA FLAVOR” Juried Exhibition
- Venice Theatre's 3rd Annual Summer Cabaret Festival
- Selby Gallery presents "Defining Abstraction" Through August 5
- The Ringling Photography Exhibit: "Builder Levy: Appalachia USA"
- Last Chance to See the Banyan Theater Company's “The Amish Project”
- Tampa Museum of Art Warhol Film Series Begins
- HELD OVER THROUGH AUGUST 16 - FST PRESENTS OVER THE RIVER AND THROUGH THE WOODS
- Godspell at the Venice Theatre through August 9
- Realize Bradenton and the South Florida Museum present "Music & Movies"
- Fuzión Presents Bubble Dance Co.
- John Russo at the Starlite Room
- RICK SPRINGFIELD COMES TO VAN WEZEL PERFORMING ARTS HALL - TICKETS ON SALE 7/31
- Sarasota Cuban Ballet School Summer Showcase
- Coming Attractions at Southgate and Sarasota Square Malls We get a sneak preview of whats in store for Westfield-owned Southgate and Sarasota Square...
- For Sale: Craftsman Masterpiece in Downtown Sarasota Take a tour of a 1925 Craftsman bungalow that's currently for sale in downtown Sarasota's...
- Their Sarasota Wedding: Ryan and Kaitlyn Reid at the Sarasota Yacht Club After many a foiled proposal attempt, Kaitlyn and Ryan finally got their Sarasota Yacht Club...
- 2015 Theater Awards Kay Kipling shares her winners in Sarasota Magazine's 2015 Theater Awards.
- For Sale: 115-Year-Old Bungalow Hill Beauty This week, Bob Plunket takes us inside a 115-year-old home in downtown Sarasota's Bungalow Hill...
- Only in Sarasota: St. Armands Circle, Spring Afternoon Illustrator John Pirman admires classic statues and a classic car on St. Armands Circle.
- Tour a Gorgeous Siesta Key Beachfront Estate Aquadisia is an oasis of calm and beauty on the Gulf of Mexico.
- Five Glamorous Sarasota Weddings What makes a wedding sensational? Love, joy--and a personality all its own.
- Why We Love and Collect Cars An ode to our automobile indulgences.
- 12 Can't-Miss International Events An exceptional festival, exhibition or special event for every month of the year.