By Beau Denton | March 1, 2013By John Bancroft “If it sparkles, I like it,” confides pastry chef and wedding cake designer Lyndsy McDonald. We guessed as much from her conversation, which sparkles with enthusiasm for her art and her business, Pastries By Design, located at 10667 Boardwalk Loop in Lakewood Ranch. For The Record: The... Read more »
By Beau Denton | February 1, 2013By John Bancroft Donna Tortorice, co-owner of Pop Craft Pops at 2245-A Bee Ridge Road, calls her partner and son, Martin Scott, "the popologist." She handles sales and marketing while he dreams up and crafts their unique and seductive line of artisanal frozen treats on a stick. They make a... Read more »
By John Bancroft | January 1, 2013Ionie Bergs' raw food cafe serves much more than smoothies. Ionie Bergs, proprietor of ionie: Healing Center & Raw Food Cafe, eased into her passion for raw foods back in 2000 when, she says, she began to "dabble" in smoothies and juices. Her interest kicked into high gear five years... Read more »
By John Bancroft | November 1, 2012A new chocolate café offers sweet treats from morning to night. Carol Sirard, 48, is a homegrown chocolatier and proprietor of a unique culinary venture: Sirard's Chocolate Cafe at 5170 Palmer Parkway Blvd., near Clark Road. In addition to handmade chocolates at retail and a morning coffee and pastry bar,... Read more »
- Rosie O'Donnell is Selling Her Casey Key Home Rosie O'Donnell is selling her Casey Key home after just three years.
- Ned Davis Sells Stock Market Research Company After an immensely profitable sale, Ned Davis is no longer running his stock market research...
- What It Really Means to be Wealthy in Sarasota Are you rich? Former Barron's editor Rich Rescigno answers what turns out to be--in Sarasota...
- Venice YMCA Black Tie Gala
- Pino's Reopens in Paradise Plaza Pino's restaurant reopens in a new space in Sarasota's Paradise Plaza.
- PAINT Nail Bar Opens in Downtown Sarasota The salon--the brainchild of Michele Schlossberg--will offer lux-yet-affordable nail services in downtown Sarasota.
- Karen Clarke Opens Fiona Children’s Special Occasion in Gulf Gate Karen Clarke opens a little shop for big-event dresses.
- Sarasota Shopping Finds: Add Some Sparkle to Your Life Style editor Carol Tisch rounds up her favorite Sarasota shopping finds this month.
- Renowned Composer Jerry Bilik Moves to Sarasota The composer has been music coordinator the Oscars and Emmys, as well as VP of...
- March 2015: The Wealth Issue